Ok, so for a while i've been looking for a place to get colored strings, preferable blue. but the only strings i can find are DR strings, and i heard they suck, really hard... does anyone have any personal input on those or any others?
"Kill one man, you're a MURDERER. Kill many, and you're a CONQUERER. Kill them all and you're a GOD."
I hate colored strings. The color just gets worn off in a day or two anyways. PLUS, trying to use colored string really limits your choices... as you already know...
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
The color will come off anyway. For the extra price, color really isn't worth it.
Gotta disagree here, I use DR Black Beauties on my Jackson and Fender. They last longer and have a really bright tone, great for harmonics. The only problem I've encountered is they're whispery. The color doesn't wear off except in heavily plectrumed areas. I like the fact that they DO last longer as both guitars have lockers on them, the Jackson has a Floyd, the Strat, a Kahler, plus they look mean.I can't really speak for the other colors, but the Black Beauties are really good, been using 'em for a couple of years now.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
Last edited by damskippy at Dec 12, 2008,
I have used several of the DR colored strings. I have tried blue, black and red. The blue and black ones both seemed to break really quickly. I did only try one set of each so maybe I just happened to get a bad batch or something. I have never had that problem with the red devils. The red devils I love, they rock. I like the way they feel and I think that they sound great. The color also seems to last a long time I have only had the color wear off in the area where I pick alot or if I scrape my pick down the strings. I have been using the DR red devils on one of my guitars for over a year and I think their great. I also use DR coated strings on my other two guitars I like the sound better than the D'Addarios that I used to use. It seems like the DRs stay brighter longer and don't need to be changed as much.
I guess it's all a matter of taste. I find D'adarios to be flat and dull in tone. Plus if you've had a bad experience with a product, you're less likely to give it a second shot.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
ive been using DRs since day 1. had no problem with them. i used the silver stars honestly, just cuz i do where down the coating pretty fast...but not before the first week is over lol.

mudvayne used them for awhile--at least the bassist did. idk about the guitarist.
I just switched to DR red devils on my C standard guitar, they sound awesome and look pretty cool. The paint will wear off where you pick, but that doesn't do anything to the sound.
"Lord beer me strength."
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Apparently, DR is the only company and the colour wears off within the first play.

I disagree completely. An old buddy (now a ****-tard who can die) used Black Beauties for a time, it took maybe 2/3 months for the paint to wear off where he picked, but never over the strings. And he played a lot.

As far as sound: We found the Black Beauties to have way too much of a trebley annoying sound to them. I don't think it's worth $$$ personally.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
I had a set of the Black Beauties on one of my guitars and within a week of moderate play, maybe an hour or so a day, the color had completely worn off where the pick hits. It doesn't affect the sound but after awhile it starts too look horrible.
Yeah, they dont look the best after the color wears off, altough the only string that seems to be taking any damage is my A string. They still sound great though.
"Lord beer me strength."
Right now i'm using Dunlop Zakk Wylde Customs .10-.60 or something like that... i really like them but i just thought colored strings would be cool, i think i might try them out, it might be worth it
"Kill one man, you're a MURDERER. Kill many, and you're a CONQUERER. Kill them all and you're a GOD."