I've finally decide on these:

Fender American Strat Standard

Fender Jeff Beck Signature Strat

I want it in olympic white and I like the maple fretboard option on the strat standard, but is it worth it to get the Beck one b/c of the locking tuners?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Ive played both and i really love the beck signature. If i had $2000 kicking around thats what id be getting. As for the locking tuners, Ive heard very good things but if thats your only reason for wanting a beck signature id just upgrade the standard. The beck sig also has a LSR rolling nut so when you use the vibrato arm you dont go as out of tune as you would with a regular nut. It also was a carved heel that makes playing in high registers way more comfortable. Another big difference would be the pickups, fender hot noiseless a very nice sounding pickup.
My advice would be to play em both though, because up until recently the beck signature had a VERY thick neck (because thats what he likes), the one ive played has a larger than average neck but it played like a dream.
Good luck!
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
here's a solution, get the standard strat, change the tuners....
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
yea if thats your only reason for wanting a beck signature, its much cheaper just to change the tuners.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
American Standard, get some locking tuners
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
My advice would be to play em both though, because up until recently the beck signature had a VERY thick neck (because thats what he likes), the one ive played has a larger than average neck but it played like a dream.
Good luck!

The current model does not have the extremely thick neck anymore. I know because I happened to have 2000 bucks kicking around and bought that guitar.

Uhm, the JB Strat is a little different from other Strats. If you don't use your tremolo much, the non-locking tuners and normal nut on AM Standard Strats should suffice for you. If you do use the trem a lot though, the JB is worth a look because of the (absolutely excellent) locking tuners and roller nut.

The pickups aren't for everyone. Personally, I love them. They give you a thick round sound that has a lot more balls than what you'd expect from a Strat. So it's not really a traditional sound, but one that is modern and works well for various styles. The neck pickup in particular can handle anything you throw at it. I play RHCP, Santana, Hendrix and a lot of other stuff with that pup alone and it sounds fantastic no matter how much you crank the gain, which I think is pretty impressive for a single coil.
I'd still not expect it to handle modern metal though unless you swap the bridge pickup for a single sized humbucker.

Are we talking about the Custom Shop JB or the 'normal' one? Because I'm talking about the CS one, so I could be a little off concerning the non-custom.

If you are looking for a cheap Fender CS, this definitely is a good option (in that case check out the Clapton sig, the Strat Pro and the Custom Classic, too, they are similarly priced and maybe one of those is better for you!).

If you are looking at the non-CS Strat, check out MIA Standard and Deluxe guitars, too, they are a good bit cheaper and might be just right for you. Or look at the Eric Johnson sig, it is imo the best thing Fender makes except for the CS guitars.
Yeah thanks for the info. Ultimately, I wish I could get yngwie's strat without the scallops, but I cannot .....I like his tone and the look for his strat alot. I've never tried scallops so I'll do a big test-a-roo when I go to guitarcenter later today
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by TheQuailman
The current model does not have the extremely thick neck anymore. I know because I happened to have 2000 bucks kicking around and bought that guitar.

haha, lucky duck. im jealous
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay