taking a patch cord cutting it, and tying the ends together its like 30 feet.. someone gave it to me.. and I need like 5 feet.. so could i do that.. i know its a noob question..
it may, but will sound like ****. just coil it up and wrap some tape around the coils.
Quote by AustinAtomic
taking a patch cord cutting it, and tying the ends together its like 30 feet.. someone gave it to me.. and I need like 5 feet.. so could i do that.. i know its a noob question..

Try rephrasing your question, with a touch more detail as to what you are trying to achieve and see if you get a response.

EDIT: I see. Can you not remove the plug from one end, cut to length, then re connect the plug?

Means soldering probably, if it is a decent lead.

Jack's usually unscrew, you slide the cover back, look at where the wires go.

Shorten the lead, and put the jack back on the same.
Last edited by Skeet UK at Dec 12, 2008,
okay. I want a shorter cord.. so I would cut some out of the middle then take the other two ends.. with the jacks on em.. and attach the wires together..
Yes you can

but

just buy a sorter lead?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Don't cut the middle out, do what skeet said: Disconnect the 1/4" jack from the one end, cut to the length you want, and reconnect the proper tip and sleeve connections
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
Don't cut the middle out, do what skeet said: Disconnect the 1/4" jack from the one end, cut to the length you want, and reconnect the proper tip and sleeve connections

yea^
it sounds like you just want 2 cords. (1 being 5ft long) so just go from 1 end of the cable measure 5 ft and cut it. then put two new connectors(trs plugs) on the 2 cut ends. your gonna have to solder. not to difficult though

having a joint in the cable will probably cause some problems. could break and get a bad connection over time(probably quickly if used as a guitar cable)

Hope that helps
gian