...even if it is very badly written.

I'm sure most of you have heard of Twilight, and how terribly written it is. But it''s very popular, so now you can write your own best selling book.
hello
Have it made into a film with a hot girl starring

guaranteed increased book sales.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I've never heard of Twilight so a lot of this is passing me by. Is it this week's Harry Potter or something?
its soem vampire thign my friends obseesed with, to writ e best sellign book you need somtyhign interestign to write about and tiem to write it.
I'll be writting a book when I'm done after high school. (one more semester left.)

I plan on making a video on youtube and post it on the pit to increase sales.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| I LIKE PURPLE|||||||||||||||||

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
That is a method to writing a book that makes money, not a book is worth reading. It's stupid that someone would write this, it's not what books are about.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by weorge
its soem vampire thign my friends obseesed with, to writ e best sellign book you need somtyhign interestign to write about and tiem to write it.

hye guyz i cna tepy at 100 wodrs a mniute!1!!!!!111!1one
hello
Quote by rabidguitarist
That is a method to writing a book that makes money, not a book is worth reading. It's stupid that someone would write this, it's not what books are about.

Are you talking about the book or the article.
If the article, you do know it's extremely tongue in cheek yeah?
hello
Quote by weorge

Your grammar and spelling may need to improve before you attempt such a thing, however.
Quote by rabidguitarist

It's just a sarcastic dig at how successful Twilight is, I doubt it was written as an actual instructional guide
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by StrayCatBlues
It's just a sarcastic dig at how successful Twilight is, I doubt it was written as an actual instructional guide

Yeah, but if I wrote instructions on how to build a bomb on the internet, and it was a joke, people could still use it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by opc100

I'm sure most of you have heard of Twilight, and how terribly written it is. But it''s very popular, so now you can write your own best selling book.

Twilight actually wasn't horribly written. I've read worse books that are just completely worthless and I wondered why they became classics. Twilight was a good series, I read it before this whole obsession over it though.

As for what others say, it doesn't tell you how to write a good book, just how to get it sold.
Quote by weorge

Sorry what?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by DiveRightIn63
Step one: Be an adequate/mediocre author.
Step two: ???
Step three: Profit.

amidoinitrite?

Not really. Two boring memes in one post.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Well that was a lovely article. But meh he needs to grow up and understand the idea of market specific writing...
Who cares if it's written to appeal to teenagers? That's the audience. Whether it makes good literature or not, writing to a purpose and audience is a fundamental skill in writing.

Oh and also his point about the hero not being described with any discerning features is a bit stupid. That's a good technique to make the book appeal to a wider range of readers, and avoids instilling stereotypes from his appearance, instead letting them form the appearance on the basis of his character. This avoids the issue that different people will have different stereotypes.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Not really. Two boring memes in one post.

Yeah, I hope to god he doesn't write a book.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I thought of Twilight when I saw thread title.

Like: "Yeah write about a chick who falls in love with a vampire who ignores the past 1000 years of vampire mythology."
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by rabidguitarist
Yeah, but if I wrote instructions on how to build a bomb on the internet, and it was a joke, people could still use it.

Yea, but your joke bombs probably wouldnt actually work.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Gawd, why is it, as soon as a book gets made into a film and becomes very popular, everyone has to say how **** it is?

Vampire mythology?
It's fiction, the author can do whatever she damn well pleases with it.

I like the books, they're an ideal read for any young females who swoons at the thought of true love and romance. I wouldn't expect any guys to have a clue why the books are so appealing to female teenagers.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by the article
6. Profit!

I did not see that coming.

Anything with nods to Orwell is good in my book.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by opc100
Are you talking about the book or the article.
If the article, you do know it's extremely tongue in cheek yeah?

The tongue is far in the cheek that it would take a team of highly trained rescue spelunkers a full week to safely remove it.

Quote by OddOneOut

I wouldn't expect any guys to have a clue why the books are so appealing to female teenagers.

I think I know...

"OMG! There's this cute guy and he's sooooo mysterious and strong because he's a vampyre and he's sooooo cute and he wuvs me and he's going to make me a vampyre so we can live forever and be in love forever and fuck forever but not before he plays hard to get so I can be all dramatic like and cry so people feel sorry for me and he's sooooo cute...

*shlickshlickshlickshlick* "

Last edited by Trefellin at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by opc100

My brother showed me this a long while ago, it was posted in the Yu-gi-oh Abridged Series forums (I don't know why the hell he uses that forum over The Pit).

Please tell me you didn't find it there, too.
I love the article. But you have to hand it to Meyer; she must be slightly intelligent to have written so much bull**** and still sold so many copies of it.
No, i found it through the power of Google.
I typed 'twilight worst book ever written' and then clicked on something or other
hello
Quote by Toilets
I love the article. But you have to hand it to Meyer; she must be slightly intelligent to have written so much bull**** and still sold so many copies of it.

She has a story that interests romantically-inclined teenage girls (the most willing-to-throw-money-at-something demographic). That's pretty much all it takes, innit?

By the way, good to see you, Toilets. Been a while.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)