Voters: 19.
ok so im buyin myself a chrismas gift my budget is 150 dolars
but i cant decide if i should buy a new amp or effects

in the amp area im thinking in
-laney lx35
-fender frontman 25R

o effests
-digitech rp250

im needing both since i dont own any effects y my amp is a crappy brandless small amp so what do you think. what should i buy. by the way im surrently unemployed (bandless) and play mostly metal(such as metallica) and clean stuff
thanks for any help you give me.
used amp from craigslist along with a pedal from the same place. i got my bandit 112 for 80.00 and a digitech rp200 for my brother for christmas for 40.00
dont want any used stuffs sorry i like to buy new
nothin like a good warranty and no bad unknown history
Roland Cube 30 and you might even have some left-over dolars.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
do you record on your p.c. or just play to music through your amp in your room for fun?
Quote by jymellis
do you record on your p.c. or just play to music through your amp in your room for fun?

i dont record but woul like to
does anyone like the fx idea cuz thats my main doupt
if i should buy a multifx pedal or a decent amp
Quote by svh02
i dont record but woul like to

there are quite a few free recording programs out there. you can also find free ad ons that have different effects. (search the recording software thread). there are also alot of other presets that can be downloaded with the rp250 when you get it. so you will be covered as far as options for recording. but your left with the weak amp (that you wont be using while recording). since you dont play in a band or play with other musicians i dont see this as being a problem (plus the pedal will make your amp sound better). i think you should get the pedal for now. if it ends up later down the road you need something louder get the amp. but in your situation i say pedal.
thanks i was thinkin thinking that way too
Last edited by svh02 at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by vincejonesiii
line 6 spider 3 50 or 75 it has serveved me well

Dont do this. Save up more before you buy an amp, make it worth it. I also dont recommend a multifx, get some quality singles.
yeah just keep saving your money
there might not be nothin like 'a new warranty with no bad unknown history' but for less than 150 bucks that amps gonna sound like ****
Peavey Vypyr 75 (used)
Roland Microcube (new)

If you want to improve your tone and have effects to play with at the same time, a modeling amp is the way to go. And music equipment is rarely worn in enough to make getting it used a bad deal. As long as you try before you buy, you shouldn't have too many worries.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
Quote by FlyingBeerman
Peavey Vypyr 75 (used)
Roland Microcube (new)

If you want to improve your tone and have effects to play with at the same time, a modeling amp is the way to go. And music equipment is rarely worn in enough to make getting it used a bad deal. As long as you try before you buy, you shouldn't have too many worries.

+1

love your sig btw
Peavey Vypyr ftw... you really should try used tho.. theres awesome deals out there.. alot better then brand new **** thats for sure
The Laney.

/biased
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker