Well, I've been in the possession of Digitech's Death Metal pedal for almost two years now, since we have started some gigs and stuff, I am having problems with it. Well, the thing about the pedal is that the distortion is always set to MAX, so the moment I step on it I receive awful feedback from my amp, so I have to step on it every time I'm not playing anything. I know every pedal gives feedback, but this gives feed back in 0,00001 seconds if I'm not playing the guitar.

You will probably ask what amp do I own, it's a Marshall MG 15cdr(I know...), been wanting to buy an amp for a while now, saving money and stuff, but I can't go out on a gig with a "somewhat" broken pedal. So I ask of anyone experienced what pedal should I consider getting.

I was thinking getting the Metal Muff with top boost, thought Seymour Duncan SFX04 Twin Tube Mayhem looks promising, it costs around 215 euros, and for that amount of money, I could even buy myself a decent processor. But anyhow, what would you suggest for me to get, I'm looking to spend up to 80-90 euros max on a pedal, and if you suggest one, please do tell why .

I am a proud owner of Ibanez S470, and I think that's the only decent part of the gear that I own, so if you feel up for it, please do suggest an amp, I'm looking for a stronger one though, for the rehearsals. I've been considering the Line 6 Spider Valve 2 amp, but it's kind of expensive. I know, you have to spend money in order to get good equipment, but still... I live in Bosnia, so, my "trying out" of equipment is pretty limited. So, if you can, suggest a "stronger" amp, 40W+ if possible .

Thank you for your time
you gig with a MG15?

look at a tube combo - i use the V50 with the digitech death metal and its a great combination...litle feedback when not playing but nothing crazy

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
The Spider valve series has some nasty breakup when you try to play it sort of distorted. Clean sounds ok, super distorted sounds ok, but anything in between does not. You might want to look into B-52 AT amps, I love mine. Actually, I looked at spider valves because a friend told me how good they were and it made me appreciate my amp a whole lot more.

Don't buy a pedal until you find an amp you like. It's kind of the same as the old adage, "get new pickups to make good tone better," except it works for amps and pedals.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
I agree with the suggestion to save money for a better amp, but I think that if you have an immediate need for a pedal I would suggest either a noise gate to combine with your current set up or a compressor to do the job instead. You could try behringer versions of both, sure it's not the best brand around but those two effects actually work well and won't burn out your savings for a better amp.
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
turn down the volume on the pedal and turn up the volume on the amp, trust me i have this pedal

and get a bigger amp
Quote by Tyler Durden
you gig with a MG15?

look at a tube combo - i use the V50 with the digitech death metal and its a great combination...litle feedback when not playing but nothing crazy

Luckily, I never gigged with it, because the places we've had gigs at had decent amps, and they let you use theirs.

Yeah, I know I need a new amp, but can't seem to find a decent one for death metal.

Thank you for both recommendations, I am looking at them, but I can't try them out heh, would love to bring my guitar and pedal to test out to see the difference in sound, but I guess it'll have to be like this.

Thanks
Quote by tukk04
turn down the volume on the pedal and turn up the volume on the amp, trust me i have this pedal

and get a bigger amp

I turn the volume on amp on like 8-9, past that, it's the same, and if I turn on the "fdd" thingy it gets too noisy. My pedal is on 4-5, never crossed the 12o'clock

edit: yeah, that's why I said, I need an stronger amp , thanks a lot
Turn down the gain on the pedal. Max gain on a Digitech Death Metal pedal? Yikes!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Turn down the gain on the pedal. Max gain on a Digitech Death Metal pedal? Yikes!

I've read somewhere that the pedal itself has the distortion (somehow) set to max, I never set it at max . I play death metal, but I have ears
Quote by snakesson
I've read somewhere that the pedal itself has the distortion (somehow) set to max, I never set it at max . I play death metal, but I have ears

That makes no sense.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

That makes no sense.

agreed.

so let me get this strait. Do you get loud feedback on the MG or when you gig with house amps or both? What happens when you remove the pedal from the mix? What are your setting on the pedal? What are your settings on house amps and guitar?
Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff
Quote by AustinAtomic
Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff Metal Muff

+1
if you have $250 go with the twn tube mayhem
orrrrrrrr
buy a fckn new amp!!!!!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
agreed.

so let me get this strait. Do you get loud feedback on the MG or when you gig with house amps or both? What happens when you remove the pedal from the mix? What are your setting on the pedal? What are your settings on house amps and guitar?

The feedback that comes really fast and annoys is on live gigs, on my MG is the standard feedback, and I never put it over 4 or 5, it doesn't even get pass the 12o'clock, as said before. My settings are level on 4-5, low on 5, mid on 6 and high on 7-8. I get a deep but also a clear sound when needed on solos. My house amp is bass 5, countour 5-6, treble 9-10, reverb max.

As said, house amps are ok, they don't provide that much feedback, but most of metal guitarists said that this pedal is just like that. A friend of mine that plays in a rock band borrowed it from me (his burned up), and he gets the same problem with feedback like I do. Maybe mine is broken, but still, I'm thinking of getting the Metal Muff and of course a better amp.

I'm suggested to get a decent processor and a Marshall amp, I'll see to it, but, I would like to thank you for the feedback you have given me

Thanks again
Well OK, your welcome.

The pedal may have a faulty jack or touch point in it. I'd go to Guitar Center or something an try one of theirs thru an MG and then a high end tube amp and see what happens. Take your guitar too.

As far as processors and Marshall amps my advice is this. They won't get a long. You'll have to spend $800 or so for a used Marshall tube amp in which case you won't need a disti pedal or an OD pedal and i wouldn't put a processor (Multi FX) pedal in front of that.

There are other very good amps out there other then Marshall you know. Good luck.
Kakva pojačala možeš kupiti u Bosni? Ako sam u tvojoj situaciji, ja kupim Roland Cube 60 i ISP Decimator i prodam staro pojačalo i stari pedal.

Edit: I hope I didn't butcher that too badly...
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
Kakva pojačala možeš kupiti u Bosni? Ako sam u tvojoj situaciji, ja kupim Roland Cube 60 i ISP Decimator i prodam staro pojačalo i stari pedal.

Edit: I hope I didn't butcher that too badly...

Let's keep it on English :P

I wanted to buy the cube, but was kind of talked out of it, because many said it won't provide sound I will want. A noise gate is good I believe, but again, I have a lot of combinations and a lot of advices from everyone, which is appreciated, since I have to decide what to buy carefully.

Thanks though

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Well OK, your welcome.

The pedal may have a faulty jack or touch point in it. I'd go to Guitar Center or something an try one of theirs thru an MG and then a high end tube amp and see what happens. Take your guitar too.

As far as processors and Marshall amps my advice is this. They won't get a long. You'll have to spend $800 or so for a used Marshall tube amp in which case you won't need a disti pedal or an OD pedal and i wouldn't put a processor (Multi FX) pedal in front of that.

There are other very good amps out there other then Marshall you know. Good luck.

Of course, my first call was Roland Cube 60 like said above, then I went onwards to Line 6 Spider Valve 212, but that is just too expensive for my budget. There has been some rumor that a guy is selling a Marshall head and Marshall speaker for quite an affordable amount, so I guess I'll have to test that one out too.

I'm still considering everything and taking everything as feedback from you guys, more information you give me, the better the choice I'll make.

Thanks
I really think that a decent amp with an overdrive can get you death metal territory....

What kind of budget do you have?

I know you are asking for a decent death metal pedal...and the metal muff will work....

But if you want to gig with your own equipment...might as well start at the most logical place where most of your tone comes from...
Quote by NJNoise
I really think that a decent amp with an overdrive can get you death metal territory....

What kind of budget do you have?

I know you are asking for a decent death metal pedal...and the metal muff will work....

But if you want to gig with your own equipment...might as well start at the most logical place where most of your tone comes from...

My budget pedalwise is 90 euros max, and considering an amp, I'll probably go up to 400-500 euros, max.

I have an Ibanez S470, which is quite good I must say, can't complain on it. Don't think I'll have gigs with my own equipment, because most of the locals, where gigs are held at, have their own equipment. I've tried overdrive, doesn't provide the exact sound I would like, heh
Overdrive on a decent tube amp is QUITE a bit different from running an overdrive on a solid state amp..... The guitar is nice, and I wouldnt worry about that too much........

I would look at a used Peavey 5150.... see what kind of prices you can get on those....
With regards to the Spider Valve, they have a TON of gain on tap. In most cases I have to turn the gain down on any metal setting on my SV 112. The amp model presets have the gain set around 2-3 oclock, I back it off to about noon or less for a tight metal tone. I think they anticipated a lot of single coil players.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13