hey UG

right i thought for my next guitar why not make it myself.. buy the parts "stick" them together and have my own custom made geeetar for myself

but ive hit a few problems in the process..

1) i was thinking.. on buying the body and neck, but create my own inlays.. however this probably will be difficult so im not sure whether to do that or not.. Anyone got any ideas on how i could do this??

2) The Shape. I was either going to get a Les Paul, Strat or a Jem shape. The problem is.. i think the LP's are rather "chunky", the strat shape im not to keen on but i would like it in a natural finish, and the Jem i cant find a body anywhere...

3) The Finish/Paint. I was thinking that i could design my own graphics for my guitar. But i have no experience with any repainting or building. So.. would this be straight forward to do..??

4) Pick-Ups. I dont know much.. but i know what tone and sound i would like. I play alot of Classic and Heavy Rock. A bit of blues. I was looking at EMG's, Seymour Duncans, DiMarzarios but i do not know much about them. For my guitar i would like two humbuckers, preferabley covered for the look i want, but im not bothered either way.

Thanks UG

P.S is there any online programs where you can design your own LP/Strat/Jem
i know there are but i cant remember the sites (this would be for finishes and paint jobs more than anything)
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
I got a solution for problem number 1

You don't need to have to build your custom inlays ...
You can buy inlay stickers from the internet.

http://shop.ebay.nl/merchant/creative-cuts_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

see link
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
I got a solution for problem number 1

You don't need to have to build your custom inlays ...
You can buy inlay stickers from the internet.

http://shop.ebay.nl/merchant/creative-cuts_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

see link

wont you be able to feel the stickers though?? or am i bein stupid..
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
You can make your own inlays with a bit of practice. Search the web for how to do inlay and there should be plenty of information. You can buy premade inlays from a number of places including stewmac.
Paint is easy. Look up the refinishing thread and you'll be good. Tape and spray, it's the best way
------

Shwiggity.