My last thread was asking what amp to buy, but I wanna be sure on this one. I'm thinking about the Peavey Vypyr 60. Buuuuuut, i know that some amps work better with some guitars and some amps guive guitars a ****y sound. My question is if this amp http://www.salaomozart.com/store/index.php?pag=product_info&cPath=107_117_135_178&products_id=2974 is going to give a good sound to my Gibson Les Paul Studio Limited Edition (you know what i mean). :C

http://www.salaomozart.com/store/images/Vypyr-60.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/25yy7ig.jpg

TL;DR: Will a Gibson Les Paul have a good sound with the Peavey Vypyr 60?
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Yeah it will.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
That was easy. D:

Quote by Horlicks
No, it won't. Save up for an amp that will do it justice.

Like what?

Quote by Horlicks
Depends how much you want to save.

I only have more or less 250€ to spend. .-.

its not gonna make a ****y sound. the Vypyrs are great amps, especially the hybrid models.

Of course 90% of the people here will be on the tube bandwagon and tell you that anything without tubes would suck. True, tube amps are great, but if your not gigging (lots of people are gigging with the SS Vypyrs now,) and want an unbelievable amount of versatility, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Those hybrids are not even out yet (60 and 120). Supposedly they were having some kind of issue. Not sure what. I'd read up on them over on peavey's web site in forum section.

To Horlicks point.

Budget?
Music Style?
new or used?
home or gig?
location?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Budget?
Music Style?
new or used?
home or gig?
location?

+1
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Ibanez AEL 12-string

Go away tube bandwagon... jeez...

TS, generally a good guitar will sound better on any amp than a bad guitar, but a Gibson through a modeling amp just isn't worth it. Especially because the LP studio isn't even much better than an epiphone LP standard.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Budget? 250€
Music Style? Blues/Rock/Metal :C
new or used? I dont have much choice here, not many places to buy used amps so i'll go with new.
home or gig? Both. I mean, my band want to start gigging as soon as possible.
location? Lolwut? I live in Portugal if thats what you mean.

Oh and, "Peavey Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp" But it is not a tube amp, is it? ._.

you would get a better sound from an epiphone les paul standard and a marshall jcm 800, or any good tube amp...depending on your style.

edit: nvm, I didnt know it was the tube version...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
It is a tube modelling amp, and I really think it will sound nice judging by the quality of the SS Vypyrs. You won't get better for 250 euros. BUT as always, try it out with your guitar and see if YOU like it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
it's pretty much tube, although most classify it as hybrid (containing tube & SS circuitry)
Ibanez AEL 12-string

A les paul would sound good if you plugged in to a pile of crap so yeah
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage

WRONG...
Quote by stradivari310
Go away tube bandwagon... jeez...

There is no "bandwagon" about it. Tube amps in general are better sounding than SS, and almost ALWAYS respond better to changes in dynamics and pick attack.

But if you want a cheap amp, the Vypyrs are the way to go.
Ok, thanks. I'll try it first. ^^

Quote by Dealer16
Budget? 250€
Music Style? Blues/Rock/Metal :C
new or used? I dont have much choice here, not many places to buy used amps so i'll go with new.
home or gig? Both. I mean, my band want to start gigging as soon as possible.
location? Lolwut? I live in Portugal if thats what you mean.

Oh and, "Peavey Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp" But it is not a tube amp, is it? ._.

yeah, I asked your location to gauge if there might be places to look for used gear. You will be hard pressed to try one until they come out. Some of us have been waiting about 4 months to try one. I wasn't super impressed with the 2 that I tried (30 and 75) and on one of them we couldn't figure out how to turn off the delay. Lot's of people like them so I'm not going to say they suck until I can spend more time them.

The tube hybrids have 1 preamp tube. The rest is Transtube. 2 power tubes I think on 60 and 4 on 120. Go check out The Only Vypyr Thread too.
yeah, i had the same problem when i played one. It has so many extra effects and features that it seems a bit complicated but as soon as you get the time to go over it and really mess with it, it becomes an awesome amp
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I wasn't super impressed with the 2 that I tried (30 and 75) and on one of them we couldn't figure out how to turn off the delay. Lot's of people like them so I'm not going to say they suck until I can spend more time them.

I felt the same way at first. I don't know why Peavey has the delay turned on already the first time the amp is turned on. To turn the delay off press either the Stompbox knob or the Effects knob. Either one will put the amp into edit mode. When the amp is in edit mode the mid & high knobs work the delay. Turn the delay down or off then press either the Stompbox knob or the Effects knob (whichever one you pressed before) and that puts the amp back into normal mode. It might sound a little complicated but it's easy after you play with it for a few minutes. They are pretty good after you learn how to operate all the features. Some people try them for 5 minutes and say they suck because they don't know how to operate them. And like the Valve Kings the Vypyrs sound alot better with a speaker upgrade. Peavey needs to stop cheapin' out on their speakers.
Quote by Lethal Dosage

My friend plays a Gibson SG into a Vypyr and it sounds pretty good IMO. Go for it.
Quote by bjovi400
its not gonna make a ****y sound. the Vypyrs are great amps, especially the hybrid models.

Of course 90% of the people here will be on the tube bandwagon and tell you that anything without tubes would suck. True, tube amps are great, but if your not gigging (lots of people are gigging with the SS Vypyrs now,) and want an unbelievable amount of versatility, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

Its not really a tube bandwagon dude. Theres a reason tube amps sound better. People don't just say that for the hell of it. how many bands tour with tube amps and how many tour with solid state amps? Sure you can name a few that play vettas... but mostly tube amps. Nothing can beat the warm sound of a tube amp. It's natural and tone wise digital just can't mess with it. The vypyr is an alright practice amp but if this guy is asking if he'll have some kindof great tone... the answer is no. Do you want a good practice amp? Then yes. But it's not so much that some amps sound better with different guitars... its all about style and preference.
It's really not so much of a bandwagon, as much as most of us realize that playing a $1500 guitar through a $400 amp is a waste. It's almost as bad as somebody going out with $300 to buy their first setup, and spending $150 on Monster Cables.
Quote by Titans36
WRONG...

+1

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard at all to get a Gibson Les Paul to sound like ****. Just plug it into *insert Marshall MG here*
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I felt the same way at first. I don't know why Peavey has the delay turned on already the first time the amp is turned on. To turn the delay off press either the Stompbox knob or the Effects knob. Either one will put the amp into edit mode. When the amp is in edit mode the mid & high knobs work the delay. Turn the delay down or off then press either the Stompbox knob or the Effects knob (whichever one you pressed before) and that puts the amp back into normal mode. It might sound a little complicated but it's easy after you play with it for a few minutes. They are pretty good after you learn how to operate all the features. Some people try them for 5 minutes and say they suck because they don't know how to operate them. And like the Valve Kings the Vypyrs sound alot better with a speaker upgrade. Peavey needs to stop cheapin' out on their speakers.

OK. Cool Zakk. I'll try that next time I'm there. Of course the GC dude just stood there and scratched his head and started pushing puttons which didn't help. I do remember the Edit button being on the whole time, i couldn't figure out how to turn it off. I think next time i'll ask for the manual.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
OK. Cool Zakk. I'll try that next time I'm there. Of course the GC dude just stood there and scratched his head and started pushing puttons which didn't help. I do remember the Edit button being on the whole time, i couldn't figure out how to turn it off. I think next time i'll ask for the manual.

I had to show a couple of guys at my local music shop how to operate them too.