Alright so, my band just switched tunings from drop d to drop Db, my strings are breaking like after a week or two of use, I was using the ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom, and now switched to the 10-52 cleartones. is something wrong with my bridge/neck/truss rod?
Not sure your tension could be messed up or there could be burs somewhere that are causing the strings to break
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
well, it tends to be my high d and a that go first. we practice 3 times a week from around 4-7, i leave my guitar at our practice space.
Quote by sammyboy77
well, it tends to be my high d and a that go first. we practice 3 times a week from around 4-7, i leave my guitar at our practice space.

I agree with that other dude dont touch the truss rod take it to a pro if thats the issue. Yeah check the guitar for any sharp points that may be causing breakage.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by sammyboy77
alright guys, thanks!

np dude thats what were here for
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
ya, deff take it to like sam ash or something

check for the sharp points on the bridge
truss rod most liekely isnt the issue
what kind of guitar do you use?
Is it cold at the practise space because the sudden heat change could maek them snap/ get screwed pretty quickly
Quote by sammyboy77

it's a long shot but it could be where your leaving your guitar.

different temperatures and room sizes affect many things on a guitar and it might be causing more tension. try taking your guitar home and see if that helps.
Damn almost forgot about possible temperature issues good call
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
If you're switching between tunings a lot, that could cause the strings to break up by the tuning post. That constant high-stress bending around the tuning post makes the string brittle
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]