Page 1 of 3
I've realized over the past few years that guitar has begun to become a fad. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't think it's all due to games like guitar hero, though I'm sure that's only made it bigger. But it's like you can't go anywhere without seeing something with a guitar on it..
Yeah its prolly cause of those music video games. Now everyone plays guitar and I have to struggle to find a bassist and a drummer to jam with around here. I started before everyone did it though.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
EFFING YES

I'm sick to the teeth that it's no longer special to be a musician in my area.. Nearly everyone plays guitar and 70% of them can't play for ****.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah its prolly cause of those music video games. Now everyone plays guitar and I have to struggle to find a bassist and a drummer to jam with around here. I started before everyone did it though.

Yeah, you were the world's first guitarist.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
its the golden age of gear, besides the influence of guitar hero, guitars and smaller amps have become far more affordable than they were even ten years ago.

when i first started almost 13 years ago, i payed damn near $500 CAD for JUST my squier bass. Nowadays, You could get that for probably $200, along with a cheap little amp and other cool stuff..

this makes it so much easier for someone to start up if they want to get something other than some no name acoustic.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
totally agree. its become a 'cool' thing to do. learn a couple songs and suddenly your a guitarist. its sad really.

it should wear off once these posers realize they dont have the get-up to truly improve their playing.
I blame the soft, folky acoustic emo and its accompanying "playing these songs gets you teh chicks" stereotype.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Kivarenn82
its the golden age of gear, besides the influence of guitar hero, guitars and smaller amps have become far more affordable than they were even ten years ago.

when i first started almost 13 years ago, i payed damn near $500 CAD for JUST my squier bass. Nowadays, You could get that for probably $200, along with a cheap little amp and other cool stuff..

this makes it so much easier for someone to start up if they want to get something other than some no name acoustic.

And then that gear breaks 6 months later and needs to be replaced.

The Capitalism Cycle.
it does seem like A LOT of people play guitar, but in my experience there are only a few who i thought could actually convey emotions through their instrument.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
There's a ****ing horrible smell of eliteism in here
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by james975
totally agree. its become a 'cool' thing to do. learn a couple songs and suddenly your a guitarist. its sad really.

it should wear off once these posers realize they dont have the get-up to truly improve their playing.

Agree. Same applies to Pit Monkey's who are gonna stop posting here becuase of "life." Yea well if life gets in the way of UG then it probably get's in the way of guitar? AMIRITE???!?!?

But yea. These people eventually are gonna stop playing becuae life will get in their way.
Yeah it's almost as if music came about over the last few years..

Guitar Hero lets people act their dreams of being a rockstar! There's no harm in that at all.

Grow a pair and realise that the guitar has always been involved in popular culture since the start of the 'rock n' roll' age.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I've been playing for 31 years. It's progressively gotten worse. There were like 9 guitarists (serious musicians) at my H.S. Now even the quad's playing. I blame the ease with which you attain easy skirts for the rise in the instrument's popularity. But it actually raises the bar for us real pickers, I mean do you PLAY guitar or do you LIVE and DIE by the axe.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
Quote by heaven's gate
Yeah I kinda agree. That's why I take most of my pride in the other instruments I play.

Ha, yeah. I've never understood why it is considered "cool" to play guitar. I mean, guitar isn't any "cooler" than the cello or trumpet.
Quote by damskippy
I've been playing for 31 years. It's progressively gotten worse. There were like 9 guitarists (serious musicians) at my H.S.

Lol. When do you plan to graduate?
Quote by heaven's gate
And then that gear breaks 6 months later and needs to be replaced.

The Capitalism Cycle.

Smells like modern medicine, too.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

You´re not a real guitarist until you can play Arpegios From Hell in your underwear, hanging from the ceiling, with you guitar on your back, with sweat all over your face, your hands full of blood, and watching a playboy special at the same time...
Last edited by LaT3raluS at Dec 12, 2008,
I totally agree with you, now I can't find a bassist or a drummer to jam with.

Probably video game companies should create a Bass Hero or Drummer Hero
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Fat-bastard0603
I totally agree with you, now I can't find a bassist or a drummer to jam with.

Probably video game companies should create a Bass Hero or Drummer Hero

Donkey Konga...?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by metaldud536

I think he has figured out how to beat the system.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by faultyy

Seriously. What's the big deal about guitar becoming a "fad" anyway? If nothing else it just means we'll have more guitar in music again which is fine by me.
dont you just love it when one of these fads ruin the experience.

ex1
Me jamming along to whatever is in my head
a kid who barely plays comes up and says play (guitar hero song here)
my response ...............*kid walks away*...................Damn you guitar hero

it happens every day in guitar class and those of us that play guitar hate it.
Quote by faultyy

this

give them a break, they just want something to do when theyre bored or to get attention, you dont have to play guitar to eventually be good at it, sounds like everybody here can only see themselves existing if they play guitar and get pissed off when somebody does the same, if you cant be different other than playing an instrument, kinda sad, everybody plays an instrument, get over it.
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
i think it's a good thing more people are starting to play guitar, a new decade is coming up which means there's gonna be a new general fad in music, like with rap in the 00s, hopefully more (good) rock-type bands start to come out, like how the 90s had grunge and the like
There have always been kids picking up the guitar thinking they are going to be the next guitar hero. Has been like that for as long as I've been playing. Damn near everbody my age tells me "I used to play guitar".
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by SteveHouse
Donkey Konga...?

Well that could work for a Latin music band.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

begun?

lol

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I know i few people who play guitar just to impress chicks, i dont do that, i have a motorbike for that......
Quote by metaldud536

A teacher pissed me off and I've intentionally been held back all these years to make her life a living hell! Plus....the school girls dig an older guy with a beard and long hair.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Last edited by damskippy at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by Cyanide176
I know i few people who play guitar just to impress chicks, i dont do that, i have a motorbike for that......
A motorbike? How can you impress a chick when you call it a motorbike? Something must be lost in translation.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Quote by damskippy
A teacher pissed me off and I've intentionally been held back all these years to make her life a living hell! Plus....the school girls dig an older guy with a beard and long hair.

I know where I'm headed for.....................
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I know where I'm headed for.....................
HEY! Don't be cuttin in on my mini skirt action.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
It does bother me that everytime i go down to my school's music rooms to play guitar that there's some 11 year old midget trying to blag his way through the guitar hero tracklist and mcr's crappier songs already there.
Quote by damskippy
HEY! Don't be cuttin in on my mini skirt action.

Don't worry. I wont be wearin' a skirt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by meh!
begun?

lol

I wasn't paying attention.

give them a break, they just want something to do when theyre bored or to get attention, you dont have to play guitar to eventually be good at it, sounds like everybody here can only see themselves existing if they play guitar and get pissed off when somebody does the same, if you cant be different other than playing an instrument, kinda sad, everybody plays an instrument, get over it.

That's not what I'm talking about. It's the fact that you can walk into an Elder-Beermans of all places and see a ****load of stuff with guitars on them. They're everywhere.
Page 1 of 3