i have a bc rich bronze series warlock. i am not 100% sure if this prob is the guitar or my amp. whenever i try to use any distortion all i get is a realy muddy sound no matter what i do.
so if i have to replace the humbuckers then what should i go for?

i am a complete noob at this so i might be wrong but, could i buy (for example)
this

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/sh-6b-duncan-distortion/13158

and this
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/aph-1n-alnico-pro-ii-hum/13144

and use them on both on the guitar or would i have to buy a set.

at the moment i think seymour duncans would be good.

i play a variety of genres, blues,punk,metal/metalcore,rock and some others. so i would need something that is good for a variety of styles
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by WARLOCK123
i have a bc rich bronze series warlock. i am not 100% sure if this prob is the guitar or my amp. whenever i try to use any distortion all i get is a realy muddy sound no matter what i do.
so if i have to replace the humbuckers then what should i go for?

*looks at your profile*

Get a new, better, amp the best pickups in the world wouldn't make any difference.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
*looks at your profile*

Get a new, better, amp the best pickups in the world wouldn't make any difference.

Agreed but to diagnose the problem just play through the amp with a different guitar and see if you have the same issue if you do its your amp if you dont its your guitar, pretty simple
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
it can be a mix of both

if both your pickups and your amp are muddy its one big mess

it could also be that you're not dialing in your amp properly to eliminate some of the muddiness
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
*looks at your profile*

i am getting a new amp soon. a Peavey Vypyr 75. but it hasnt been delivered yet
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by WARLOCK123
i am getting a new amp soon. a Peavey Vypyr 75. but it hasnt been delivered yet

Better but wait until you have the amp before you think about pickups, you won't know what you want to change about your tone until you have the amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Definitely wait for your new amp.
Considering the impact that your amp will have on your tone, you should definitely wait it out before spending money.
If you feel you need a pickup change afterward, then go for it, just wait for the amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Better but wait until you have the amp before you think about pickups, you won't know what you want to change about your tone until you have the amp.

+1
Perfect answer.

Just wait for the amp, there's no need to rush things I think.
It is definetely your amp. I had a small Gibson Mini Flying-V to begin with. It came with a decent beginner amp. After a while, it did the exact same thing as your's. I got a new guitar and a new micro cube amp. Now it sounds much better and more controlled. I would recommend a micro cube amp. Great sound and are cheap (around $110), especially on Ebay.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I also would go with a better amp first. Even though BC Rich Bronze series guitars are the low end of the BC Rich line the pups are not bad IMHO I have a Warbeast with the BDSM pups and I really like the sound they produce with my amp. Take your guitar with you to a music shop and try out several amps. You would be surprised what you hear and I'll bet it sounds different thru each and everyone of them. You can't get much out of a 15 watt amp to tell you the truth.

EDIT: OH! If you decide it's the guitar as well save up and buy a better one rather than putting in a set of Duncans in that guitar.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Dec 15, 2008,