does this even exist? Because I'm learning Revelations from Judas Priest, some of the sections use the 12th fret and sweep the 12th fret from strings EGB all on the 12th then a pulloff on the 19th fret and sweep back up. Can you bar the 12th fret or do you have to let go, sorry if confusing. The sweeps are on the 12th fret E-G-B
LOL
its not really barring. your kind of rolling your finger over the strings to get the sweep effect.
Gear:

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special /w EMGs
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960 B Cab

Check out my band...

how do I sweep the same 12th fret on 3 strings with 3 different fingers?
LOL
As stated before, not really baring, but rolling.

Similar to baring.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
you do all three strings with the same finger.
Gear:

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special /w EMGs
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960 B Cab

Check out my band...

it is baring, but you roll your finger so that the strings don't ring at once, kind of a muting effect. synester gates uses them, as do many other musicians.
yea if you didnt lift your finger up it would just sound like an A chord

edit: wait....fail

Em

i was thinkin differrnt strings
Roll your finger up or down the fret-board. You don't need to use 3 fingers.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I know you gotta lift but, try playing it by baring the 12th and pulloff at the end 12p19 and sweep back down. Where would i lift?
LOL
Quote by seankellyultgtr
yea if you didnt lift your finger up it would just sound like an A chord

edit: wait....fail

Em

i was thinkin differrnt strings

It's cool dude, EGB would be the E minor arp.

To the OP, just use a single finger and roll down the three strings, rather easy actually. Those Yngwie sliding sweeps are what you have to worry about.
Quote by ruiner999
It's cool dude, EGB would be the E minor arp.

To the OP, just use a single finger and roll down the three strings, rather easy actually. Those Yngwie sliding sweeps are what you have to worry about.

i know i was thinknin different strings, as i said in my edit
Quote by SiKh22
does this even exist? Because I'm learning Revelations from Judas Priest, some of the sections use the 12th fret and sweep the 12th fret from strings EGB all on the 12th then a pulloff on the 19th fret and sweep back up. Can you bar the 12th fret or do you have to let go, sorry if confusing. The sweeps are on the 12th fret E-G-B

Do I know you from somewhere?
edit: Nope nvm.... Yeah, like everyone else said, roll your fingers, lift up right after each note
Last edited by Cobra Strike at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by SiKh22
I know you gotta lift but, try playing it by baring the 12th and pulloff at the end 12p19 and sweep back down. Where would i lift?

you don't really lift, your finger stays on all three strings during the entire process, you just don't press all the strings down all the time

it's like an extended 'simple roll', where you use one finger to play the same fret on adjunct strings (its a standard blues thing)
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by Cobra Strike
Do I know you from somewhere?
edit: Nope nvm.... Yeah, like everyone else said, roll your fingers, lift up right after each note

huh?
LOL
If you barre a sweep it essentially becomes a rake..

thats what all my shredder freinds tell me anyway
Quote by willieturnip
If you barre a sweep it essentially becomes a chord..

Fixed.

Barre-muting would be a rake.

Like everyone else has said, roll. Fretting multiple notes at once (which barre-ing would do) turns it into a chord.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by xHellbound
Where'd you get the Revelations tab?

its up on this site, its a pretty advance song I'd say for Judas Priest. Even more so then painkiller, the sweeps in the end, that long 30 seconds of sweeps shows how much they've improved.
LOL