My newest song, touching down on some of my metal roots. This is a lot slower and heavier than my other stuff, but at the same time I do not lose the melody and the hooks. Some nice clean guitar work in here along with a killer solo - make sure to check it out!

I will gladly C4C!

Know you will enjoy it, thanks for your time - for you impatient ones, just skip ahead to the solo at bar 105.
Attachments:
The Third Act.zip
Last edited by Rodex89 at Dec 12, 2008,
This may well be my favorite song I've seen [heard?] of yours.

Everything was great; The chorus was, I think, the standout part, but I liked how the verses were interwoven. The acoustics really gave the song a lot more texture. Both solos were very well done. All in all, great job.

This song actually kind of reminds me of the band Nahemah; I can hear some prog metal influence, but I can still also pick out you J-Rock/Metal, classical, and other stuff.
Thanks man, appreciate the crit. Its funny cause the chorus is actually my least favorite part if I had to pick, but glad you liked it. Never heard of Nahemah but Ill check them out right now - my main influence for this song was probably Dir En Grey minus the techincal guitars.

If you haven't heard em - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQudxaoXxQ - they are different lol
I really liked this. At first I thought the intro sounded really bland and boring, but when the second guitar came in, it got pretty amazing. After listening more I thought the intro might have been better acoustic, but then again Guitar Pro doesn't do distortion very well so it might sound a lot better on a real guitar. At 69 I wish I could've heard Guitar 2 a bit more.
This is definitely one of the best songs I've heard from here. Again, I thought the chorus sounded a lot better when Guitar 2 was more pronounced.
Mind giving me an idea of what the vocals would be like? (Screaming, soft, gritty?)

Overall really well done, kudos. I hope to write stuff like this in the near future (starting to learn some basic theory, maybe that'll help?)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019617 If you have some time, any help on my song would be appreciated. I'm still a beginner when it comes to writing songs, so I'll take all the advice I manage to get.
verry verry verry nice dude.
i agree with Felix at 69 make guitar 2 louder other than that a really well written and composed song!

8/10 awesome job!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Rodex89
Thanks man, appreciate the crit. Its funny cause the chorus is actually my least favorite part if I had to pick, but glad you liked it. Never heard of Nahemah but Ill check them out right now - my main influence for this song was probably Dir En Grey minus the techincal guitars.

If you haven't heard em - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQudxaoXxQ - they are different lol

Oh yeah, I've heard Dir En Grey; not really my thing though.

What I really liked about the Chorus is that the guitars dont always play in parallels like most dual guitars do. I have a thing for that, like Cynic type of dual guitars.
nice song, like a battle march, i loved the bass lines especially in the first verse, the intro thing was nice. i really also like those chords like Em (7 on A, 5 on D) and i use them a lot.
the solo was nice, good harmonies and the length gives the song a boost.
overall, again a 8/10, nice and solid piece.

Crit mine?its in the sig (the long one)
idk if its just from so much gp stuff i listen to but this had a huge a7x vibe to it, it was really nice and lenghty the way a good song should be
cant complain at all about the writing sound
some of the harmonys in the solo sounded really far off, but they deff gave it a good effect
uhh what else... i also think i heard some human abstract in the acousticy parts, but that still might be just gp sound, but over all it was an amazing song, best one ive heard all day
10/10 nice job

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1021154
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Oh man, I get that all the time - a lot of people hear a7x which I hate. Because I hate them with a passion ever since City of Evil. Oh well, I cant help it right? But im glad you picked out a little Human Abstract, I loved their first album, their second not so much. Thanks for the crit.
intro: very good idea , especially as you pick up the riff again , but in reality i imagine this might sound much better with a lot of effect and very moody , flanger and phaser something like this , maybe a bit like from the outside

9-20 , nice work , very melodic , very wel fitting guitar lines

breakdown: well i'm not a big fan of breakdowns but this one is ok

reprise: wow , the base is epic , second guitar fits in well , a bit repetiv after a while but that might be covered by lyrics, the ending is bit strange i thing

breakdown 2: well i would replace it ,it's too soon after the first one

next two parts are very well developped , very clear melody lines , nice work

77 zo 89 , well written again

acoustic part , a bit boring in my eyes , you could work this out a bit , also the presolo is a bit boring

solo 1 , fits in well
solo 2 a bit scaly , but still allright

outro , nich pick up of the riff again

all in all i really likes listening to it , a few things weren't that great but it wasn't bad at all , i sligtly miss a few more progressive elements like changes in key or time signatures , it'S rather basic , but that's allright to , harmony was well developped , some good riffs i'd rate it 8/10

c4c here plz

Thanks in advance
Greymane
I loved the whole piece, everything flowed nicely and no parts really seemed out of place. I loved how the breakdown(s) weren't just *CHUG CHUG*. The solos we're very well done, with a great mix of melodic and fast parts.

Overall it's a great job and I give it 9/10.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Thanks for that great critque Greymane, I have been spicing up the acoustic solo a bit. But my intention was to have some nice ambient studio effects along with the whole notes, but it does sound empty in guitar pro.