Page 1 of 2
whats its dimensions?

cm high and wide?
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Aurigo
whats its dimensions?

cm high and wide?

+1

Hooray for photos with no reference points!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by TheMidasTouch
a foot tall, twenty inches across, and ten feet back.

Sorry I suck at math or I would solve up all this.

HOLY thats a big tank..
you deffiently measured wrong

It had to be done.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
where exactly are you gonna GET an axolotl?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
I was thinking in cm then for some dumbass reason. You 'may' have enough room for one axie, but consider mine grew to 30cm before he died, I'd consider a different tank personally.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

that wont fit a full grown one but a smaller one would be fine for a while
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Jaymz_515
I was thinking in cm then for some dumbass reason. You 'may' have enough room for one axie, but consider mine grew to 30cm before he died, I'd consider a different tank personally.

What size was your tank?
Quote by TheMidasTouch
What size was your tank?

He ended up in a three foot tank.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

lucky bastard.... I want an axolotl.

Quote by TheMidasTouch
Full dimensions. I might cruise on over to Petsmart and get a new tank. I want nothing but the best comfort for mine.

90cm x 45cm x 35cm. w x d x h.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by TheMidasTouch
Thanks man, I wish you could have one too. I ordered mine off wardsci.com, but thats only for the states.

Yeah I was thinking of getting another, but I've moved to Tropical Fish nowadays, but it's an idea that'll keep playing around. You ok with setting up the tank and stuff? Matured filter media and whatnot?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Jaymz_515
Yeah I was thinking of getting another, but I've moved to Tropical Fish nowadays, but it's an idea that'll keep playing around. You ok with setting up the tank and stuff? Matured filter media and whatnot?

I could use some help with this, Ive never had one before and Ive read up on them. But I would like to know what all you did to keep your tank axolotl friendly.
Well with any fish tank, the filter requires some kind of bacteria to process and remove waste chemicals, usually ammonia. If you set up a new tank and bang some life in, there won't be enough bacteria to work with all the waste. This will create ammonia spikes which'll harm your axie. Do you have another fish tank set up or anything?

The most common practise is to take some filter media that's being used in a tank at the moment, i.e. 'mature' and place it in the new filter in order to allow the bacteria to spread around the new media.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Approximately how much do you think it would cost for a Texan to purchase an Axolotl?
Quote by Jaymz_515
Well with any fish tank, the filter requires some kind of bacteria to process and remove waste chemicals, usually ammonia. If you set up a new tank and bang some life in, there won't be enough bacteria to work with all the waste. This will create ammonia spikes which'll harm your axie. Do you have another fish tank set up or anything?

The most common practise is to take some filter media that's being used in a tank at the moment, i.e. 'mature' and place it in the new filter in order to allow the bacteria to spread around the new media.

I dont have one on hand. Is there some way to get it ready in four or five days?
Quote by TheMidasTouch
I dont have one on hand. Is there some way to get it ready in four or five days?

Any friends or family with a fish tank who'd be willing to give you some? If not you'll just have to do water changes (with dechlorinated water of course) every day for a few weeks, large ones at that, in order to keep the ammonia levels down.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by TheMidasTouch
Do I need to introduce any chemicals?

Only dechlorinator into the water before it goes into the tank, as with any fish.

This is an excellent site for information about Axies. In regards to the cycling of the filter (the maturation process) you may have to just put your Axie in and hope for the best, but as I say, very frequent water changes, perhaps a water test kit and a very keen eye for illness in your Axie, and it might make it okay.

What kind of filter are you using, any idea yet?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Alright thanks. I have a bottle of dechlorinater. I also have a bottle of amonia eliminator, will this help?

I cant find the old filter so Im going to purchase a new one, any particularaly good ones.
Last edited by TheMidasTouch at Dec 12, 2008,
I've never heard of a specific ammonia eliminator, but if it actually works then that would help yes. Read around about cycling a tank, about both the 'Fishless' and 'Fish-in' methods, and how best to go about them.

As for filters it depends entirely on how much you have to spend. Canister filters (external) are always the best option, i.e. the TetraTec EX range, get one with a rating as close to the volume of your tank as possible, but always go over rather than under, if you get me. Don't bother with under-gravel filters at all. Choose a tank first then shop around for the filter, you'll no doubt find a bargain.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Last edited by Jaymz_515 at Dec 12, 2008,
@metaldud

I don't know, that little salamander looks like it could take a tank

Quote by TheMidasTouch
Its called ACE Amonia Chloramine Eliminator and its for fresh water, salt water, and goldfish. I will check this cycle out. I want the longest life for him possible.

Might work then, make sure you read the dosage properly. Find out what size of tank you'd like if you plan to get a new one then we can move on to the filtration issues. I'll PM you a link to an excellent Aquarium site, they'll be able to give you much better help than me overall.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Wikipedia
Axolotls live at temperatures of 14 °C (57 °F)-20 °C (68 °F), preferably 17 °C (63 °F)-18 °C (64 °F). Lower temperatures slow down their metabolism, although temperatures around 10 °C (50 °F) are a panacea when it comes to treating disease. Higher temperatures can lead to stress and increased appetite. Chlorine in tapwater is harmful to axolotls. A single typical axolotl typically requires a 10-US-gallon (38 l/8.3 imp gal) tank with around 150 millilitres (5.3 imp fl oz/5.1 US fl oz) of water. Axolotls spend a majority of the time on the bottom of the tank.

This.
Page 1 of 2