So I have 150 bucks, I need some effects for my poor roland 15x. I can't decide if it's worth it to buy a tube screamer, or blues pedal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I play a Fender Stratocaster, and I love classic rock and blues.
Quote by andrew6986
So I have 150 bucks, I need some effects for my poor roland 15x. I can't decide if it's worth it to buy a tube screamer, or blues pedal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I play a Fender Stratocaster, and I love classic rock and blues.

Save it and put it towards a better amp, like an Epiphone Valve Junior, that sounds like it would suit you perfectly.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Save it and put it towards a better amp, like an Epiphone Valve Junior, that sounds like it would suit you perfectly.

That's what I was going to say. You can get a VJ for under $150. Then continue saving for an OD pedal.
Quote by dfinch10
Save up for a Fender Blues Jr. That should fit your style perfectly

This. If you like some classic blues and classic rock, the Fender Blues Jr. would suit you so I'd save up for that.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I have the Roland cube 15x now, and I just want to be able to get some new sounds. I feel like it's either heavily distorted or just a clean guitar tone. And the clean isn't anything to brag about!
Quote by andrew6986
I have the Roland cube 15x now, and I just want to be able to get some new sounds. I feel like it's either heavily distorted or just a clean guitar tone. And the clean isn't anything to brag about!

Get the VJ, it would be absolutely perfect for what you play, seriously.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
As eveyone else said, get the VJ, your Cube will not react well to pedals for one thing.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
New amp and get a Zoom G1 , it's dirt cheap and is an incredibly good multi efects processor.
Bought one for about 50$ , and you can take the other 100$ , save up a bit (30-50$) and buy the VJ or another decent amp.
Yes, definitely the Zoom G1 or G1X. Tons of different sounds and patches. Can't go wrong.
Save up for a Fender Blues Jr. I've played those before and they are great for blues and classic rock. Just what you're looking for.
new amp.

get a peavey vypyr. It as all of the efx built into it.
It's great for blues, and rock.
11 stompboxes 11 rack efx. 5 efx at once. All built in. its awesome.
Save For Teh Tube Amp!!!
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Yeah, upgrade your amp before you buy a pedal. IMHO save up and get a 30w tube amp, you'll be able to play on it for quite a while and it should get loud enough for a band situation. If you get a pedal you're just gonna have the same old amp tones.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play