THis thread is for people to say what their best combonation of guitar and amp is for tone and playabilty.

Guitar:B.C Rich Warbeast Trace Amp:Marshall JCM2000 Triple Lead

The Warbeast gives the comfort of the Beast and the speed of the Warlock which makes for a great metal guitar, and the Triple Lead gives me the classic marshall tone which combined with the B.D.S.M pickups on my guitar creates a lethal sound that is great for any kind of metal or hard rock.
What kind of tone? For metal I'd say a custom RG 7 fitted with BKPs going through either a Framus Cobra or Splawn Nitro.

Shred and other things I'd go Cornford Hellcat and a Suhr Tele.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
gibbo les paul + fender blues junior = win

this is Newton's Lost Law
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I'm pleased with my setup, the age old formula of a Gibson Les Paul plugged into a Marshall (a JCM 800 in my case), it's been done countless times but that's only because it sounds so good.
gibson es-335 (the new one with a smaller-less awkard body)>ProCo Rat>Ringtone Ringmodulator> Whammy Pedal> Vox AC15CC. Can play basically everything i want with that setup.
Where did you get the ESP Seven string?! and how much was it?
BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(pig squeal)
pgm through a vox half stack for cleans and od.
for metal a pgm through a peavey half stack
Quote by lewis_grey
I'm pleased with my setup, the age old formula of a Gibson Les Paul plugged into a Marshall (a JCM 800 in my case), it's been done countless times but that's only because it sounds so good.

sounds good but not very individual

fender strat upgraded with some nice high output dimarzio 'buckers into a peavey triple xxx, not your typical guitar for metal but it sounds great
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Breebree2314

What? You mean this is stuff we're actually supposed to have?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
'52 reissue telecaster (neck pickup), a peavey delta blues 2x10 and wheatcroft's fingers.

**** me, some clean tone.
Quote by tehREALcaptain
gibson es-335 (the new one with a smaller-less awkard body)>ProCo Rat>Ringtone Ringmodulator> Whammy Pedal> Vox AC15CC. Can play basically everything i want with that setup.

Do you mean the 345?

umm yea that was kind of the point of the thread. oh and Best metal tone for me that i so far was jackson Warrior through a Boss Metalcore into my Marshall Triple Lead my first post was no pedals just guitar and amp.
BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(pig squeal)
Last edited by Breebree2314 at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by Breebree2314

umm yea that was kind of the point of the thread. oh and Best metal tone for me that i so far was jackson Warrior through a Boss Metalcore into my Marshall Triple Lead my first post was no pedals just guitar and amp.

Best metal tone I've ever actually played through is still my Ibanez S470 (all stock), through my Maxon OD808 into my Laney GH50L.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Breebree2314

I went to a licensed dealer and ordered it. It costed about $6500.

I'll have one in 10 years.
ಠ_ಠ
Two of the best guitar/amp combo I have played was the Epiphone Slash Les Paul through and Egnater Rebel 20, or a Epiphone Les Paul Standard (I think it was the Standard) through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. They both sounded really nice and fat. I want to spend some more time with those things now that I think about it.

Those are probably the most expensive amps I've ever played, so I can't really comment on a "real" dream rig (with the $3000 amps and guitars). I'm sure the JCM and a Gibson would blow them out of the water, but I always feel awkward playing on higher end stuff like that in the guitar stores.
Saint Louis Blues