Hi people!

I have just bought a Ibanez TS9DX and must say I love the tone, but I'm in need of a more distorted sound.

I will use both pedals on the clean channel of a Fender Princeton Chorus Stereo as I hate it's distortion. I'm not trying to exactly duplicate their sounds, but I will play songs by Muse, The Killers and Dream Theater mainly. For me something to look in the pedal would be good note separation and ability to play complex chords.

Thanks!
I agree the overdrive channel on that thing is horrid... my friend owns one of the earlier editions. Cleans are pretty good, though.

I'd just get a new amp (I get all those tones on my modded VK ) , but considering you are looking for pedals... a Metal Muff may help, especially for a metal tone for Dream Theater.
Yes, the clean channel it's the reason I won't change the amp now. Well, that and money

I will listen to some samples for the Metal Muff. Ah! I forgot to say I also have a fuzz factory, so I prefer something that it's not fuzz
Price range?

If you can manage the stuff above $100 (I'm guessing you can) I'd stay away from the Metal Muff. It's good for its price point, but good high-gain distortion tone costs a little more.

For more lows - Subdecay Stupid Box
For Marshall tone - MI-Audio Crunch Box
For lots of tonal range - Maxon SD-9
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
Last edited by FlyingBeerman at Dec 12, 2008,
Thanks! I didn't know any of those. Now it's time to try them in a shop.

Does anybody know if combining a ts9 with a MXR distortion 3 could give good results?