What are the advantages and disadvantages to these bridges?
I'm thinking of adding one of these to a current build I doing!
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Well, you can change tunings as much as you like, unlike FRs. *glares at Jackson*
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I've heard people having trouble with some of those bridges. On a top loading hardtail the strings don't go through the body, they are held at the back of the bridge behind the saddles. Due to this design there isn't a lot angle on the strings going over the saddles, which means less downpressure on the saddles. The saddles tend to move around some. I was going to use one on my build, but after I heard about that I went with a string thru hardtail. Still same design, the strings just go through the body, and are held in the back with ferrules.

I'm really just curious cause I've had experience with string through hardtails Wraparound bridges and FR's but this is actually the first time I've concidered this type of bridge.

So you hate your Jackson then.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.