Page 1 of 2
A few weeks ago, I posted a thread about my friends dad, who is making her pay rent, and practically stealing money from her. (We checked, he is not claiming it in tax returns).

Two nights ago, he punched her in the face. She walked out of the house, (mind you it was about 5 degrees farenheight in Chicago suburbs) and stayed out for 5 hours until 2 AM, when she was certain he was asleep, because she was afraid to go home. She went home, slept for 4 hours, and left in the morning. She went home after school and her dad apologized, but her face was incredibly swollen, he is a big man.

She is scared, and yet she doesnt want him to go to jail because she has no where else to go, he is the only adult family member who is fit to raise a child.

she has said though if he does something else, she will call the cops.

My question is, should I call the cops and over ride what she says? It is not my life, but she seems to be close to losing it.

I need help, this is serious, and I don't want to tell any close friends because I dont want other people knowing.
if shes getting punched in the face and what not you need to do something.

edit: can you beat her dad up? cause then he wouldnt go to jail but you could teach the tard a lesson or two.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Let her live with you?

EDIT: I almost said something about sex but I didn't.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

I stopped at where it says "He punched her in the face" because that's all I needed to read to come to the conclusion that this guy should be castrated.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Who still uses fahrenheit?

America.

And yes you should encourage her to get help
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I have been telling her to call, but then she will be stuck in a foster home or some ****, which will mess her life up more than it already is, rather than her leaving in a year and a half when she graduates high school
Quote by Aaron0612
Let her live with you?

This is what I also thing you should do.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
I'd go by her wishes - you may think you're doing her a favour but she has a differet perception (that being first person) to you. Encourage HER by all means but ler HER do it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
don't get involved unless something else happens, she's made it clear that she doesn't want him to be punished. If he does something else to her though, you'd have to think about doing something about it.
Just let her know that you're there for her for now.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Sounds like you should offer your friend to live with you and talk amongst yourselves to find the best solution. Maybe he'll change, maybe he won't. But it sounds like your friend should move out for a month or so.
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
A few weeks ago, I posted a thread about my friends dad, who is making her pay rent, and practically stealing money from her. (We checked, he is not claiming it in tax returns).

Two nights ago, he punched her in the face. She walked out of the house, (mind you it was about 5 degrees farenheight in Chicago suburbs) and stayed out for 5 hours until 2 AM, when she was certain he was asleep, because she was afraid to go home. She went home, slept for 4 hours, and left in the morning. She went home after school and her dad apologized, but her face was incredibly swollen, he is a big man.

She is scared, and yet she doesnt want him to go to jail because she has no where else to go, he is the only adult family member who is fit to raise a child.

My question is, should I call the cops and over ride what she says? It is not my life, but she seems to be close to losing it.

I need help, this is serious, and I don't want to tell any close friends because I dont want other people knowing.

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

It's her decision not yours , don't go over her head on this one , if her dad looses custody and there's no other relative that can claim her , she's gonna be put in a foster home.
Believe me , the **** that happens in one of those foster homes is way better than anything her dad might do to her.

It's a really tough situation you are in , the decision is up to you.

The only good advice I can give you is to give you is to find the right moment , and tell her that you are here to support her in any decision she takes.
And if she needs a place to crash in for a few nights , she can crash at your home or something.
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP

The **** do you say? "Hey, I'm sorry I punched your lights out last night. Does it hurt? Can I get you an ice pack?"

Not yet. If something else does happen, and she doesn't stick to her word, then's the time. IMO.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by freedoms_stain
Doesn't sound fit to raise a child to me.

+1 - he isn't fit, end of story. you don't hit a kid, regardless of how old they are and you definitely don't hit a chick.....

i'd honestly call the cops anyways the only issue is she might lie to the cops to protect him or he might get pissed off and hit her again cuz "the cops magically appeared accusing him of something he did" so thats a rough patch. if i were her i'd f#ck him up horrifically in his sleep as a reminder that she won't take sh!t.
THE FUZZ

I am just going to keep posting this in every thread asking questions like this. Who cares if the dudes family, how can you possibly have any sympathy for someone like that...
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

The US, unfortunately. I hate our measurement systems.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
this guy should be castrated.

this
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
She is scared, and yet she doesnt want him to go to jail because she has no where else to go, he is the only adult family member who is "fit to raise a child."

Fix't. He sounds like a total fuck.
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP

He doesn't seem fit to raise a child IMO.

Talk to her about calling the cops.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by slash4114

edit: can you beat her dad up? cause then he wouldnt go to jail but you could teach the tard a lesson or two.

this is not the wisest course of action

my advice is to try to offer her as much support as possible, and if he uses violence again, try to get her to call the police.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I say cops.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
1. Kick him in the dick
2. Kick him in the dick again
3. ????
4. Kick him in the dick again
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I'm sure there are hotlines you can call. Tell them about the situation and ask them what they think you should do. Since they're trained they can probably tell you what would mess her up more, abuse or foster home etc...
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I stopped at where it says "He punched her in the face" because that's all I needed to read to come to the conclusion that this guy should be castrated.

This, plus a billion.
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison

Do this
Call the cops, get her emancipated, and somehow let her live with you.
██████████████████████████████
Quote by Aaron0612
Let her live with you?

This, if my dad made me pay rent and beat me I be out of there so fast.
Quote by Aaron0612
Let her live with you?

I'm casting my vote on this one.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by freedoms_stain
Doesn't sound fit to raise a child to me.

yeah i agree with him

but **** it call the cops on his ass cause he won't stop doing it
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']1. Kick him in the dick
2. Kick him in the dick again
3. ????
4. Kick him in the dick again

and the only one of these that i have ever found funny
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

dinosaurs and homosexuals.
Page 1 of 2