Poll: Which album will we cover?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which album will we cover?
Superunknown - Soundgarden
47 10%
Death Magnetic - Metallica
34 8%
Rust In Peace - Megadeth
61 14%
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
38 8%
The Blackening - Machine Head
22 5%
Piece of Mind - Iron Maiden
19 4%
Killers - Iron Maiden
25 6%
Train of Thought - Dream Theater
50 11%
St Anger - Metallica
36 8%
Blood Sugar Sex Magik - RHCP
117 26%
Voters: 450.
Page 1 of 5
Let's try again.

Poll is coming.

Vote for the album to cover, the poll will close in 3 days.

JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW

The bands were voted by other members of the pit in a different thread.

Stop complaining about it not being diverse
Last edited by Untitled001 at Dec 12, 2008,
Hurry your ass.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by imdeth
It was already closed the first time. Bad idea.

I'm assuming there was a misunderstanding..
I would rather go with Badmotorfinger, but Soundgarden for me.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
why did the last one get closed anyway?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
why did the last one get closed anyway?

I have no idea.. A couple of people seem to be against this idea.. Even though a lot of people want it to happen.
3 votes for st anger........which 3 people in here dont play guitar? or are deaf? (and possibly retarded)
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
3 votes for st anger........which 3 people in here dont play guitar? or are deaf? (and possibly retarded)

It's covering it.. Essentially remaking it.

St Anger had some awesome songs on there, but the production was shit and not Metallica's usual style, therefore people jump on a bandwagon and hate it before giving it a few listens.
I choose Blood Sugar Sex Magik. That is an awesome album, and I would love to see how you guys do it on the cover album
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Rhcp!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Quote by Preid

Why do this?

Please, PLEASE, don't report this. We just want to have fun. Just leave us alone, please.
Quote by Untitled001
Why NOT do this?

Because we already have UG album projects going on, projects that will work, and projects that we know are actually going to sound good.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by blackflag49
These choices are balls.

They were voted by the Pit Dwellers... Should've voted for some.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Because we already have UG album projects going on, projects that will work, and projects that we know are actually going to sound good.

Why? Because you're mastering them so they're instantly awesome?

Give other people a chance, for fuck sake.

EDIT: For the record.. No offense to anyone, I thought the UG Xmas album wasn't that great.

I didn't bitch and moan to you guys though, did I?

This is a project I set-up for FUN.

You ever heard of "fun"?
Quote by rabidguitarist

So, we can't do another? Just let us do it in peace.
Quote by Untitled001

This.
Quote by Untitled001

EDIT: For the record.. No offense to anyone, I thought the UG Xmas album wasn't that great.

I didn't bitch and moan to you guys though, did I?

This is a project I set-up for FUN.

You ever heard of "fun"?

The last UG covers album was a flop, it was later changed to the xmas covers and even that only got 9 tracks. They were allowed to chose the covers too instead of being forced to 1 album like this commy crap is.

The 1st Original UG album had over 30+ tracks on it, all of which were **** hot.

Even when you've got a album picked, I know for a fact you'll only get at tops 3 tracks recorded. Then what?
Quote by Untitled001

I mastered one album, to make the sound consistent. I never made any claims like that.

They're instantly awesome because Glen puts the work in to make sure everything goes to plan, it's all properly figured out before this process begins, and it is based on briefs that anyone can enter, instead of really niche ones like for this project.

You clearly have a chance, go and enter for the UG album.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Untitled001
It's covering it.. Essentially remaking it.

St Anger had some awesome songs on there, but the production was shit and not Metallica's usual style, therefore people jump on a bandwagon and hate it before giving it a few listens.

my thoughts exactly
the song St. Anger was actually damn good as well Frantic
the album was (if ur just looking at the music) a really good album and if some other band had put it out it would have sold much better its just that its a metallica CD so it had a high expectation, which it didn't nearly achieve
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Jesus Christ.
Go away if you don't want to do it. Let us do it in peace. If it flops, it flops, oh well, no harm done.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I mastered one album, to make the sound consistent. I never made any claims like that.

They're instantly awesome because Glen puts the work in to make sure everything goes to plan, it's all properly figured out before this process begins, and it is based on briefs that anyone can enter, instead of really niche ones like for this project.

You clearly have a chance, go and enter for the UG album.

We're in the first stages of this project. We can't make a plan until we know what album is being done and what instruments, parts, vocal types are needed.

I'm not a fucking retard, I thought this all out before posting it.
Quote by coryklok
Jesus Christ.
Go away if you don't want to do it. Let us do it in peace. If it flops, it flops, oh well, no harm done.

Good luck polishing this sh:t.

Quote by Preid
The last UG covers album was a flop, it was later changed to the xmas covers and even that only got 9 tracks. They were allowed to chose the covers too instead of being forced to 1 album like this commy crap is.

The 1st Original UG album had over 30+ tracks on it, all of which were **** hot.

Even when you've got a album picked, I know for a fact you'll only get at tops 3 tracks recorded. Then what?

Why so negative?

Consult my empty care-cup.
Quote by Untitled001
We're in the first stages of this project. We can't make a plan until we know what album is being done and what instruments, parts, vocal types are needed.

I'm not a fucking retard, I thought this all out before posting it.

Dude more power to you man, If you want to do it then ****ing do it, and **** the rest of the people that tell you it's "gay" or "pointless".

If you love it and want to do it then how could it possibly be a waste of time.
Quote by silversoulcage
Dude more power to you man, If you want to do it then ****ing do it, and **** the rest of the people that tell you it's "gay" or "pointless".

If you love it and want to do it then how could it possibly be a waste of time.

Amen!!
Page 1 of 5