So Im looking into getting a really great acoustic amp and Im having trouble deciding where to even start. I was looking at the Fishman Loudbox Performer today and I like it, but I wanna know what else is out there. I definitely need something loud, but always clear and something that might even sound great with a Taylor T5 and a TS-9. Im mostly going to run my acoustic through it with the TS-9 (i know, i know, most people look down on distorted acoustics, but trust me, I pull it off), but i dont know if the T5 would be a good idea so I need some advice on that.
the best acoustic amps, imo are the swr series.

but dont forget, a good PA system works well and can be far more useful.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I've got a budget of about $1000 if not a little more. What is an swr series? i dont even know what brand that is
Quote by jj1565
the best acoustic amps, imo are the swr series.

but dont forget, a good PA system works well and can be far more useful.

+1000,

IF youve got the money get an SWR, also a good mic with PA and good speakers is also great like this guy says.
I checked out SWR's and from what I can tell they are all bass amps. Am i looking in the wrong place on their site?

EDIT: Nevermind I think i found what i was looking for. Im liking the specs on the Strawberry blonde II
Last edited by Bright Light at Dec 12, 2008,
but if you just like the specs for something it could be a bad amp, probably not but if you have the chance go try it out, or at least check out youtube or something
Quote by signedinbloodnz
but if you just like the specs for something it could be a bad amp, probably not but if you have the chance go try it out, or at least check out youtube or something

i'm sure there was a better way to state your point.

he's not just going on specs, he's asking.

TS, they are a little heavy, but well built and a staple in the acoustic community.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011