I'm not even gonna bother "genre-ing" this one, It's like some kinda guitar inspired wankfest (as usual). This one started with me just wanking around with a really simple drum beat, then wanking a simple guitar riff and using that as a background for the lead and the bass to wank. The wankage, hits an all time high during the solo, so much wankage. Unhealthy amounts of wank. I'm wanking right now thinking about it. So here it is, wankers and wanker-enthusiasts. Wank on! Wank

C4C of course
Attachments:
Hold'em, Coughfield!.zip
Last edited by Tortiss at Dec 13, 2008,
dude
wanktastic

haha
actually it was really good
i loved the solo, 'specially the bass solo
not a single thing i could really find wrong
so i give it a perfect 10/10
amazing job buddy
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
dude
wanktastic

haha
actually it was really good
i loved the solo, 'specially the bass solo
not a single thing i could really find wrong
so i give it a perfect 10/10
amazing job buddy

Honestly, you're really not helping anyone with this - EVERY one of your crits ends with either 10 or 10++++++/10. You can definitely find things that are wrong, you're just not trying - you're here to help people, not to try and win friends by telling them what you think they want to hear.

---

Anyway, on this song, my main points are:

Intro riff really needs to change a bit. I understand you want to keep it simple, but just soloing over one pedal tone makes it very bland to listen to. Also experiment with some different note lengths on your lead guitar, as again, it's just kinda boring the way it is

Sorry to say it but it doesn't really seem like there's any melodic ideas going on in the next section (43-). Again, the backing isn't helping as it's just single note riffs. You really need chords to build any kind of feeling. Don't really think the fast bass riff fits either to be honest, it's as if you're putting it there just to be fast...try and think more melodically - think about which notes you're playing and why.

The lead for bars 66-74 is so much better but again, it would sound even better with fuller chords beneath it rather than just the octaves. Also, proper chords lead your ear automatically to play certain scale tones and emphasise the notes that sound the best. Single notes offer you very little. The lead is great though, just fiddle about with the chords.

Clean section is nice and great use of piano - see how much better it sounds with full chords? Expand that and solo over it with a clean guitar, there is definitely potential with this section.

So basically, improve your rhythm section as I think most guitarists would struggle to create something brilliant over just that single note riff - keep it up
Quote by b101
Honestly, you're really not helping anyone with this - EVERY one of your crits ends with either 10 or 10++++++/10. You can definitely find things that are wrong, you're just not trying - you're here to help people, not to try and win friends by telling them what you think they want to hear.

and you obivously are only helping yourself with that, does it hurt that i can find every song i rate 10/10 and chose not to rate any less becuase if i dont like it i simply stray away, k thanks bye.
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold