Page 1 of 2
I dont want to look like a complete tool.

I would bring my acoustic, but, it's currently broken and I have no method of fixing it, so I was thinking about bringing my electric. I would only be bringing it one day, because that day we have nothing to do, so I wanted to be able to do something all day.

Is there any way I could do this so as to not look like a complete poser? I know, I know, stupid question, so should I care? or should I just say **** it and take it anyway?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

You shouldn't care. Since noone at school does.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
It will be really, really hard. I don't know if you could pull it off.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
As long as you're good, you have nothing to worry about.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
just bring it.

pansy
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

a) why would you look like a tool?
b) just melt the doubter's faces with some tasty licks and solos
If you do, some kid from your school will be posting about you tomorrow in the pit saying how some guy came to his school and played a bunch of basic chords to impress the ladies, and show off and how much he hates people like you.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
You'll look like a tool if you can't play

and a bigger one if you can

however, if you can rap/and or have a gun...
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
As long as your somewhat decent. I do it, don't see anything wrong with it.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by Jericho114
If you do, some kid from your school will be posting about you tomorrow in the pit saying how some guy came to his school and played a bunch of basic chords to impress the ladies, and show off and how much he hates people like you.

this
Play good, and don't be a douche about it, and you won't look like too much of a tool. Also tell some of your guitarist friends you're bringing it, so you can always use the excuse "Oh so-and-so wanted to see it."
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
meh, just take it. just be cool about it. theres this kid in my school who brings his guitar to school everyday and plays all that remains in the morning for no reason.. even though hes terrible... and he'll like stand in front of the room playing and no one cares.. so yeah just dont do that.. and judging by your post i doubt you would, but anyway, Nice avatar TS!
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
You could bring it and keep to yourself and maybe a couple friends.

But most likely everyone will start crowding around you, making you look like a pretentious twat.
Quote by CaptainRon
I don't know why you would care about looking like a tool. In fact I'm pretty sure only other guitarists think that about people who bring their guitars to school.

This is true.
I bring my acoustic to school all the time. So does like 5 other people. We just play before and after classes
as long as ure not flaunting about with it, and are just in the music room, i dont think anyone will give a toss.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by greekboy slim
dude just put a big bag over the case and knobody will know what it is. that's what i do...

Or you could tell everyone it's a bass, then nobody will care.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
What dirtyMakik Said.

Tl;DQ-Too lazy; didn't quote.

I bring it to my band practice and sh:t many days
There are tons of people at my school that walk around with gutiars, and most of them can't play for their lives.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I'll let you guys be the judge of my playing...in my profile, tell me what you think?

<_<

Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
Play good, and don't be a douche about it, and you won't look like too much of a tool. Also tell some of your guitarist friends you're bringing it, so you can always use the excuse "Oh so-and-so wanted to see it."

Alright, well, truthfully I DO have a few friends who want to see me play, so yeah.

Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
meh, just take it. just be cool about it. theres this kid in my school who brings his guitar to school everyday and plays all that remains in the morning for no reason.. even though hes terrible... and he'll like stand in front of the room playing and no one cares.. so yeah just dont do that.. and judging by your post i doubt you would, but anyway, Nice avatar TS!

haha, I dont plan on playing it in front of a lot of people. Thanks

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Just bring it and dont say anything about it, unless you know there's a group of kids way better than you who'll just trash talk you all day you should have nothing to worry about
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
You'll still look like an attention seeking toolbag.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could bring it and keep to yourself and maybe a couple friends.

But most likely everyone will start crowding around you, making you look like a pretentious twat.

This is true.

That was my original plan, but the kids at my school have a bad tendency to crowd....and make rediculous song requests

Quote by benx3000
Dont. It will get stolen, broken, pissed on, etc.

I dont plan on letting it leave my sight.

period.

Quote by will123456789
as long as ure not flaunting about with it, and are just in the music room, i dont think anyone will give a toss.

I was actually probably just going to sit in a corner during class and play it softly, and play a little bit at lunch, that's it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Jericho114

, this
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

I do it alot. And nothing bad ever happens, so yeah go ahead.
(\__|)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain World Domination.

92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Sig this if you think most new popular music sucks.
I have a special place in my heart that I keep ready for the hating I have to do everyday at school towards the poser underclassmen kids who started bringing their acoustics that they can't play to school after one of my friends did it once.

But I do know some kids who don't suck and bring it every now and then and are cool about it.

So my advice is, as long as you can play it and you aren't the d-bag type,
go ahead.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I think you would look like a queer if you brought your guitar to school. I bet someone will put a dick in your mouth.
8===D--- D:
If you were a real guitarist you wouldn't care... imposter.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
On topic more:
Just don't act like you're the best thing to ever hit the guitar playing world, and try to keep to yourself, and you'll be fine.
Page 1 of 2