Page 1 of 2
Yea so I am really socially inadequate. I dedicate about 49% of my life to physical activity, 49% to mental activity (books/learning/etc), and about 2% on my social life. I am 17 and I still don't understand the idea of "hanging out," or what I am supposed to do in order to "hang out." I know this sounds stupid, but hey, everyone sucks at something. I have 4 hobbies and I work at them tirelessly everyday, because the worst thing I can be is just like everyone else, and it seems everyone else "hangs out" 90% of their life." But I have tried to do this several times and it is a really awkward situation for me because I just don't understand social situations.

And now this kid is texting me because he wants me to "hang out," but I have to go to the gym. So can someone help me understand this concept better or what I should do, because while social skills are innate in 99% of people, they sure as hell aren't in me.
Seriously man.

Just chillin with you're friends.

Drinking, smoking. Playing guitar. Doing whatever it is that you do.
Sitting at your computer by yourself and posting in forums doesn't count as hanging out.
if the guy wants to hang out with you, he probably has an idea of how to hang out. so just do whatever he does.
Quote by guitardude34875
just kinda sitting around and talkin, playin video games, listenin to music, etc.

EDIT: do I smell a troll?

I am dead serious. I knew this would happen because people just can't relate to someone who has social skills as bad as mine.
Quote by KwikKopy
If a guy asks you to hang out, he probably wants a blow job.

Usually when I hang out that is my main goal. Isn't it everyones?
Quote by Drosty
Usually when I hang out that is my main goal. Isn't it everyones?

Wanna hang out?
Quote by KwikKopy
Wanna hang out?

Is it me getting the blow job, or you? This will greatly influence my response.
are you asian?
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by Drosty
Is it me getting the blow job, or you? This will greatly influence my response.

I asked you, so I'm wearing the pants. Well, initially...
Quote by EnemyWolf
Yea so I am really socially inadequate. I dedicate about 49% of my life to physical activity, 49% to mental activity (books/learning/etc), and about 2% on my social life. I am 17 and I still don't understand the idea of "hanging out," or what I am supposed to do in order to "hang out." I know this sounds stupid, but hey, everyone sucks at something. I have 4 hobbies and I work at them tirelessly everyday, because the worst thing I can be is just like everyone else, and it seems everyone else "hangs out" 90% of their life." But I have tried to do this several times and it is a really awkward situation for me because I just don't understand social situations.

And now this kid is texting me because he wants me to "hang out," but I have to go to the gym. So can someone help me understand this concept better or what I should do, because while social skills are innate in 99% of people, they sure as hell aren't in me.

Unfortunately 'hanging out' will be difficult for you because you have to eat every 2.5 hours.

But that is easily overcome by a RTD or RMB. So go hang out with him. Most likely you'll sit in front of a TV and shoot the shit for a while.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
You over-think and over-analyze things way too much.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by stratsrule1990
are you asian?

He said 49% of his time was on physical activity...not 99% of his time on mental activity.
Quote by KwikKopy
I asked you, so I'm wearing the pants. Well, initially...

This is getting kinda weird ...
Music
Skating
Biking
Guitar

Go to the gym with your mate and lift weights together

Also are you a troll?
a little lost.....
Unfortunately 'hanging out' will be difficult for you because you have to eat every 2.5 hours.

But that is easily overcome by a RTD or RMB. So go hang out with him. Most likely you'll sit in front of a TV and shoot the shit for a while.

Hell yea, that is why I like the "animal" lifestyle as advertised by Animal Pak, even though it is impossible to live, it lets me know that I don't need anyone else except myself on those Friday and Saturday nights when everyone else is out at parties or "hanging out," and I am just sitting at the gym staring at myself or eating.

Sorry that was a bit off topic.
Quote by Davo Ownz
Music
Skating
Biking
Guitar

Go to the gym with your mate and lift weights together

Also are you a troll?

No one likes lifting because gym memberships cost money, I usually lift with guys that are 25-40 years old, so I see them in the gym and that is about it. And no I am not a troll FFS, I probably have Asperger's or something, and that is why my life seems so weird.
just get the **** there.

I wish someone wanted me to hang out with them.. another weekend of doing absolute **** all.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by EnemyWolf
No one likes lifting because gym memberships cost money, I usually lift with guys that are 25-40 years old, so I see them in the gym and that is about it. And no I am not a troll FFS, I probably have Asperger's or something, and that is why my life seems so weird.

Don't worry about it. Some people are just more socially inclined than others. If you don't feel the need to hang out with other people, then there is no need to do it. Nothing wrong with focusing on body and mind; the world needs more intellectuals and less dumb teenagers that drink all the time and talk about pointless things with their equally dumb friends.
Suck his dick. Obviously that's what he wants.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by EnemyWolf
Hell yea, that is why I like the "animal" lifestyle as advertised by Animal Pak, even though it is impossible to live, it lets me know that I don't need anyone else except myself on those Friday and Saturday nights when everyone else is out at parties or "hanging out," and I am just sitting at the gym staring at myself or eating.

Sorry that was a bit off topic.

Wait did you live in the US? Wanna hang out?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Alright thx for all the advice, I wasn't sure what to expect, I thought there was certain topics I need to bring up and certain topics I should avoid, such as history, foreign languages books, etc, because I always get weird looks when I try to bring something up I am interested in, it seems like everyone wants to talk about who is dating who and other small talk which I despise, and then people poke eachother a lot, blow in their face, pull on them, which I don't understand either, and when they do it to me, I guess they expect some response, because I do nothing due to my lack of understanding on why they do it in the first place.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Alright thx for all the advice, I wasn't sure what to expect, I thought there was certain topics I need to bring up and certain topics I should avoid, such as history, foreign languages books, etc, because I always get weird looks when I try to bring something up I am interested in, it seems like everyone wants to talk about who is dating who and other small talk which I despise, and then people poke eachother a lot, blow in their face, pull on them, which I don't understand either, and when they do it to me, I guess they expect some response, because I do nothing due to my lack of understanding on why they do it in the first place.

I love that kind of talk.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
Wait did you live in the US? Wanna hang out?

In Georgia yes, but the second part, is that a joke or something? And I see you are reading Walden in your profile, that is an amazing book.

Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
Troll

Quote by EnemyWolf

Then don't bother. You'll just dumb yourself down.

You'll have the last laugh anyways when you become a professor or scientist or historian or whatever, and they'll be working in a warehouse.
Quote by EnemyWolf
In Georgia yes, but the second part, is that a joke or something? And I see you are reading Walden in your profile, that is an amazing book.

Well it was a joke if you lived far away, but if you lived close it wasn't.

And yeah, I loved Walden. I had to read it for AP, but I ended up really enjoying it.
Quote by shattamakar

"Hanging out" is just doing something unspecified with other people. It's a pretty loose phrase. Spending time with other people normally makes people happy. If it doesn't appeal to you, then don't do it. No worries.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
If you want to learn how to be social situations just repeatedly put yourself in them and just watch other people and learn from your experiences and mistakes. If you're happy the way you are then go on the way you are, I see no reason to change unless you're not happy.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
ur 17 years old and 1% a socializer...your pretty much a loaner :]
You don't want to hang out because "everyone else is doing it"? Are you f*cking kidding me?
Quote by lzcougarz3
You don't want to hang out because "everyone else is doing it"? Are you f*cking kidding me?

Mainly because I have no interest in it, which is why I am a bit ostricized from teen culture, by the "everybody else."

But this guy is constantly telling me how I need to go hang out with his buddy's but I don't want to, I have better things to do, and I can't just tell him off, so I came here to see what this "hanging out" is all about since I really have no clue.
Yea man, you sound like an awesome person who doesn't really need to hang out with people. I envy people who are just extremely motivated to learn and stuff. I wish I was a loner in high school who focused on learning awesome things, or developed an awesome habit...but no, I was just a lazy guy who hung out with friends. Luckily I've changed, but you don't have to

edit: alright, some of that sounds extremely sarcastic, but it's not supposed to.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by ACG
Yea man, you sound like an awesome person who doesn't really need to hang out with people. I envy people who are just extremely motivated to learn and stuff. I wish I was a loner in high school who focused on learning awesome things, or developed an awesome habit...but no, I was just a lazy guy who hung out with friends. Luckily I've changed, but you don't have to

edit: alright, some of that sounds extremely sarcastic, but it's not supposed to.

Oh, na, man thx. I know I hate sarcasm too, I have to change words around to agree with people's advice to me without sounding sarcastic.
Page 1 of 2