So I'm looking at getting a Bass for christmas, which means I'll also need a bass amp. I have a Fender 25R Frontman amp for my '78 Univox, but I don't want to blow it up by playing a loud bass through it (slight hyperbole, I know).

Now since I'm looking at it for a christmas gift I want an amp thats around $150, I'm looking at the Squire Vintage Modified Jazz Bass for the guitar so something that jibes well with that tone wise would be good.

As it is I mostly play a broad range of music (Classic rock, punk) with a loud drummer and another guitar. I'm not really gigging/proffessional, but just playing with friends, though I'd like to have the option in the future without buying another amp.

Aside from "Not BEHRINGER!!!", what suggestions do you guys have?
Quote by Prole
So I'm looking at getting a Bass for christmas, which means I'll also need a bass amp. I have a Fender 25R Frontman amp for my '78 Univox, but I don't want to blow it up by playing a loud bass through it (slight hyperbole, I know).

Now since I'm looking at it for a christmas gift I want an amp thats around $150, I'm looking at the Squire Vintage Modified Jazz Bass for the guitar so something that jibes well with that tone wise would be good.

As it is I mostly play a broad range of music (Classic rock, punk) with a loud drummer and another guitar. I'm not really gigging/proffessional, but just playing with friends, though I'd like to have the option in the future without buying another amp.

Aside from "Not BEHRINGER!!!", what suggestions do you guys have?

haha, we are in the same situation, except im helping my brother get a bass for christmas, i was even thinking about the same one.

people recommended acoustic brand amps to me though, check those out, theres a 20 w one thats 150.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
the below sig containeth the win, it's unadulterated winness.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom