I'm running an ISP Decimator into a Laney VC50. It is a great amp, but it is very noisy when pushed into high gain. The instructions for the Decimator say to turn the knob clockwise until the noise stops. There is a very noticeable drop in noise at around 12 o'clock, but it doesn't completely get rid of the noise. They Laney has a really confusing effects loop and volume controls for it. I have the effects loop volume at full, but it doesn't really make that much difference. Could it mean that there is something wrong with the amp, or is the Decimator not perfect?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
no noise gate is perfect
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
It is definitely in the effects loop with my EQ pedal, I can tell that it is working, there is a drop in the hissing noise when i turn it past half way, but it still makes a fair bit of noise. I might try it in front of the amp though, thanks for that.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Yeah, it is after the EQ pedal. I have it up full still. It is really good for making the feedback less violent, but it still has a pretty bad hiss. Maybe I won't notice it as much when playing in a band setting, but it is kinda loud when I'm not playing the guitar and stays the same even if I turn the volume down or disconnect my guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200