I was just jamin at real low volume in my room. I messed with the EQ and settings on my bad monkey and managed to get an awsome nasty fuzz sound. I was also getting more sustain then I've ever gotten before. It was a great sound, i realy liked it. The thing is, it was killing the sh*t out of my ears. I had too stop because they just hurt so bad and I got a headache. This was at low bedroom volume. Ive jammed real loud with budies and have gone to lots of loud show and never had my ears hurt. Whats up with this??
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
were you sitting directly in front of the amp? if you were you were getting the "ice pick" which, in simple terms, hurts your ears.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by killerscorpion
You have reached "Rocker" status!

wat
Quote by GuitarNinja12
wat

Don't you know? If you ears aren't ringing you're not doing it right!
Its prolly just a certain pitch or something, try it again later and see if it doesnt happen again.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
I think it must of been a combination of what thespian said and lots of realy low frequencies that were at the bottom of the hearing spectrum.
I'm curious as to what these settings are, in all honesty.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Ear plugs! I have been playing for over 38 years, gigging for several of them and go to a ton of shows and never wore ear plugs, my hearing has suffered I don't go anywhere with out a few packs of plugs now a days. My ears still ring when when it's really quiet and probably won't get better. It doesn't take much to mess up your hearing and you won't notice until it's too late. No matter whet the reason if your ears hurt they are trying to tell you something.

John
Quote by WinterSteel
I'm curious as to what these settings are, in all honesty.

On amp (Crate V33):
Treble 6
Mids 8
Bass 3
Gain maxed (Not a very high gain amp btw)

On bad monkey:
Level 1/3 the way up
Bass close to max
treble halfway
gain maxed

And the tone on my guitar was turned close to zero