Master_Student
Banned
541 IQ
With all my family issues and girl problems and with school etc ect I have so much anger inside of me. I would just be sitting there in school thinking about how the girl I really like right now doesn't even like me back. It just gets me so upset. So many emotions go through my head at once. Then I just imagine hearing my favorite TDM songs in my head with all the growling and fast pace **** going on. I even take my pencil and start blast beating with it. It makes me want to just play that ****, but I can't because I'm still not good enough. But I want to write this **** so bad.

How do I start writing this great music? It's gotten to the point where I don't give two ****s what anyone says or thinks anymore. I really don't care. I get no pussy anyway and I hardly have any friends as is so might as well make TDM. You guys got any tips?
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,617 IQ
Hehe
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Stranglehold
6,080 IQ
Ignore the troll, children.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
basspunk709
UG Newbie
147 IQ
just practice dude!!!
thats all it takes man...

you dont happen to live
in central new york do ya???
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
Stranglehold
6,080 IQ
Quote by Master_Student
And I'm a troll......how?

Because you live under a bridge.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,617 IQ
Quote by Stranglehold
Ignore the troll, children.

Practicing restraint and following reason is not the strong point of these forums my good man.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
imnotinsane
...is insane
97 IQ
check out between the buried and me or arsis or even psycroptoc... and dude im honestly sorry about ur life sucking right now
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") He lost his ears to a pyrotechnics display
Please buy him new ears

Boats and Hos!
JBizzle Da Truf
goin' 2 kollege
210 IQ
well, people definitions of great music differ, but in your case, use your emotions in a good way towards music, not shooting rampages. <-- (dark humor)
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Master_Student
Banned
541 IQ
That's the thing tho I'm horrible at song writing. I have never come up with anything creative or a riff I didn't end up hating a week later.
Stranglehold
6,080 IQ
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Practicing restraint and following reason is not the strong point of these forums my good man.

You passed the test

Seriously though, this place is turning into the pit.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
algemar
Registered Asian User
260 IQ
Well, at least you've already got the lyrics started. Your post is perfect material

It should go something like this:

Quote by Master_Student

VERSE
With all my family issues and girl problems and with school
...I have so much anger inside of me...
the girl I really like right now doesn't even like me back.
It just gets me so upset.
So many emotions go through my head at once.

CHORUS
Then I ...hear... my favorite ...songs in my head
...It makes me want to just play that ****,
but I can't because I'm still not good enough!

(I Suck) (My life Sucks)

I really don't care.
I get no pussy anyway and
I ...have (no) friends

(I Suck) (My Life Sucks)

You could call the song "I Suck (My Life Sucks)"

And the album name should be "I get no pussy anyway"

And a good band name would be the Emotions, or just Emo for short.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Last edited by algemar at Dec 12, 2008,
stephen_rettie
UG's Non-anonymous
1,660 IQ
Quote by Master_Student
With all my family issues and girl problems and with school etc ect I have so much anger inside of me. I would just be sitting there in school thinking about how the girl I really like right now doesn't even like me back. It just gets me so upset. So many emotions go through my head at once. Then I just imagine hearing my favorite TDM songs in my head with all the growling and fast pace **** going on. I even take my pencil and start blast beating with it. It makes me want to just play that ****, but I can't because I'm still not good enough. But I want to write this **** so bad.

How do I start writing this great music? It's gotten to the point where I don't give two ****s what anyone says or thinks anymore. I really don't care. I get no pussy anyway and I hardly have any friends as is so might as well make TDM. You guys got any tips?

sounds more like you want to write some emo
Master_Student
Banned
541 IQ
Quote by algemar
Well, at least you've already got the lyrics started.

It should go something like this:

That's not really what I had in mind for lyrics, but thanks for the input
algemar
Registered Asian User
260 IQ
Quote by Master_Student
That's not really what I had in mind for lyrics, but thanks for the input

Haha I'm just messing with you. But in all seriousness, you say that you want to create technical death metal, but that you can't play it yet. By no means do I wish to put you down, but you really have to learn how to play before you can emulate.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
UGROQFAN
UGROQFAN
794 IQ
ehh...Just tremolo pick the low strings,tap alot,get pissed,mess around and down tune your guitar!
And write down everything! Incase you make something you like!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

If you give a mouse a cookie,satan will get angry
basspunk709
UG Newbie
147 IQ
Quote by Master_Student
That's the thing tho I'm horrible at song writing. I have never come up with anything creative or a riff I didn't end up hating a week later.

i think that happens to everyone dude...
i write alot of riffs i dont like but if you stick
with them and make something out of them
they might grow on you....

also dont listen to everyone calling you emo
just cause your having a ****ty time...cheer up dude..

also i forget who said it but theyre right...basically just
tremolo pick the low strings...a good interval is 1-5-6

try that
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
Tapping_Ninja
Mad Tapper
566 IQ
Quote by Master_Student

To be honest sometimes it's best to use generic riffs... Just remeber one thing, it doesn't matter how fast, how technichal or how generic it is... As long as it sounds bad ass you should use it.

But if you want to play Tech Death you're going to have to find common things that your favorite bands do.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Stranglehold
6,080 IQ
The people giving him emotional support are quite amusing, as was the chord progression advice
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Master_Student
Banned
541 IQ
Quote by algemar
Haha I'm just messing with you. But in all seriousness, you say that you want to create technical death metal, but that you can't play it yet. By no means do I wish to put you down, but you really have to learn how to play before you can emulate.

Ya bro I'm trying, but it is hard ****

Anyways here are some examples of what I want to create:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UKWi5eSC0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXOIVWGym_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1FivvPQIUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-JiyDbp7E
UGROQFAN
UGROQFAN
794 IQ
I forgot to say use pinch harmonics after a riff! And make it kinda high pitched! It makes me wanna mosh knowing a heavy riff comes right after!
And screw it if everyone calls you emo,It used to mean A PERSON WHO GOT EMOTIONAL WITH WRITING MUSIC!!! Now it just means a kid who cuts himself and is a scene kid =/
(\__/)

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

Tehzekester
Elitist Douchebag
1,508 IQ
Quote by UGROQFAN
I forgot to say use pinch harmonics after a riff! And make it kinda high pitched! It makes me wanna mosh knowing a heavy riff comes right after!
And screw it if everyone calls you emo,It used to mean A PERSON WHO GOT EMOTIONAL WITH WRITING MUSIC!!! Now it just means a kid who cuts himself and is a scene kid =/

yeah bro me too!
Stranglehold
6,080 IQ
Quote by UGROQFAN

Were you smashing beer cans off your forehead when you wrote this?

Also, damn the 250 character sig limit...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
UGROQFAN
UGROQFAN
794 IQ
Wrote what? The riff idea for the real term for emo?
(\__/)

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

UGROQFAN
UGROQFAN
794 IQ
Sorry I put a f in front of the or but I meant"riff idea or reall trem for emo"
(\__/)

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

The Evil Hat
Hatpanzer
595 IQ
you know, you could always make like, non technical death metal. i know, it's a weird idea. Seriously though, why start your own band? you could always just join an existing one. like Decapitated.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Tehzekester
Elitist Douchebag
1,508 IQ
Quote by The Evil Hat
you know, you could always make like, non technical death metal. i know, it's a weird idea. Seriously though, why start your own band? you could always just join an existing one. like Decapitated.

Yeah man. You could get in Decapitated.
Master_Student
Banned
541 IQ
Quote by The Evil Hat

Straight up Death Metal is boring as **** tho
The Evil Hat
Hatpanzer
595 IQ
Quote by Master_Student
Straight up Death Metal is boring as **** tho

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,617 IQ
Funny stuff.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,617 IQ
The hilarity continues.....
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
The Evil Hat
Hatpanzer
595 IQ
you have to be kidding me. you're saying that MORBID ANGEL is boring compared to BENEATH THE MASSACRE? WTF? tech death, save two or three exceptional bands, is awful. it no longer about song writing, but rather about how fast one can sweep. how entertaining. if i wanted to listen to 200 BPM scale practice...well, then i guess i would. but tech death is boring for the most part.
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,617 IQ
Give up the battle mine feuer Panzer.

It's like teaching algebra to a sandwich.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
The Evil Hat
Hatpanzer
595 IQ
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Give up the battle mine feuer Panzer.

It's like teaching algebra to a sandwich.

I suppose you're right. With a comparison like that, being wrong would violate every rule of forum arguing. if it's funny, it's right. living by that, i know surrender this argument. (but not Morbid Angel. they're too awesome for that.)
Master_Student
Banned
541 IQ
Quote by The Evil Hat
you have to be kidding me. you're saying that MORBID ANGEL is boring compared to BENEATH THE MASSACRE? WTF? tech death, save two or three exceptional bands, is awful. it no longer about song writing, but rather about how fast one can sweep. how entertaining. if i wanted to listen to 200 BPM scale practice...well, then i guess i would. but tech death is boring for the most part.

Look I'm not saying all DM bands are boring, but I'd rather listen to technical DM. It's more interesting and has more **** going on. And makes me go "hmmm that was interesting" or "wow that sounds pretty good." Of course some bands go a bit overboard with it, but that does not make TDM horrible.