The song is Jimmy's Day In I'm writing/recording this for a BMX video my friend is shooting, and he needs music he has permission for soo I'm writing some stuff for him.

In the meanwhile please tell me what you think! Mixing on the rhythm guitars is pretty crappy if you have any suggestions let me know! Thanks.

oh and btw will C4C just leave a link!

P.S. Song is on my profile
Last edited by AbombO.S. at Dec 14, 2008,
This is awesome. I love the relaxed feel of it and your tone is fantastic. The rhythm guitar mixing was only bad in some parts, more for like 98% of the song is was great. I especially like the 1:50ish area. Once again, I really enjoyed it, great work.
Listening now. This is pretty chill. I'm liking the intro. Lead guitar is great. Great melody. This is so relaxing haha. I think this is actually one of my favorite instrumental pieces I've heard on UG. Good stuff man.
I like it, its extremely chill and your tone it awesome, I personally think your lead needs alittle work but besides that it was really good

Ps thanks for the crit
Durka
Has a very nice rythm to it. The mixing is quite good but not the best. Real nice jazzy feel to it. Your lead playing goes off-beat once or twice but still sound smooth. Nice tone as well.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1021969
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Last edited by HeavyReverb at Dec 14, 2008,
that dream of glass song is bomb man, sounds ****in awesome
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
jimmys day is pretty cool and has a very chilled feel to it, i think ur friend is going to like it
dream of glass is pretty cool, but it would be cooler if u added some drums and some rhythm chops, then it would sound badass
crit mine? on my profile
Not bad at all! The whole thing's in need of a little reverb though. Also try double-tracking the rhythm guitars and hard-panning them to either side, with the phase reversed on one.

Have you got use of a bass guitar? It'd really add a lot to the track. Other than that, consider using an acoustic for the rhythm parts so the midrange isn't so cluttered.

As for your playing, the leads are quite tasteful and fit in well, I think you've done a decent job on this one.
Quote by kyle62
Not bad at all! The whole thing's in need of a little reverb though. Also try double-tracking the rhythm guitars and hard-panning them to either side, with the phase reversed on one.

Have you got use of a bass guitar? It'd really add a lot to the track. Other than that, consider using an acoustic for the rhythm parts so the midrange isn't so cluttered.

As for your playing, the leads are quite tasteful and fit in well, I think you've done a decent job on this one.

Thanks! I actually did double the rhythm tracks and panned them to 40 and -40 would you recommend panning them further? and thanks for the advice about the acoustic i might try that! And sadly no i don't have a bass yet =/
Yeah definitely pan em out a little more. Try putting one out of phase if you haven't already, it'll leave a nice lttle 'hole' in the stereo center for your lead guitar.
Dude i love it!!! Sounds awesome, really chill. And the solo is really good to
Keep up the good work.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020557
i like this song quite a lot it has really nice chord changes,
i think you could find really killer vocals to go over it.
it's pretty well played, theres a few moments where the rhythm guitar sounds slightly out but it still sounds great

C4C??

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1026755
Check out and rate my songs in my profile if you have a moment to spare
All my Songs are Rock Influenced
Pretty nice, but I think the rythm guitar crowded out the lead a bit, you ought to make a little more space for the lead somehow, be it using volume, panning reverb or whatever.

Also it could do with a little more development, like try and get into some kinda of climax then have a softer part after it. You couldn'ty really tell the begining form teh middle from teh end y'know.

Care to listen to this - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1026359
Smooooooooooooooooooooth man. Very jazz club. Drums have a good tone, however it's easy to hear you have looped it all the way through by the bass drum not quite in time on the transition lol yes I've been there many times.

I like the tone. I think the rhyme guitar could be a bit quieter. Also needs a bass. I would add in delay to the lead guitar. Very good though, just sort out the drumming problem, record her and try make it a bit more interesting. Add in a bass somewhere in the middle of the song...and remix and hey presto you should have a great track for a video.
Orophin