My friend and I have been arguing for like an hour about metal, he keeps telling me Iron maiden uses the triplet beat too much and hes saying their chorus' sound all the same, I said its okay if they sound similar if they sound good. I on the other hand am bashing at metallica, saying their songs sound too similar but nowhere near as good as Iron maidens songs.

My friend wanted to add: "but metallica is proven bigger than iron maiden, without very much creativity"

(he doesnt have an UG account)
Okay so I wanna hear your opinions on this, thank you if you actually read this XD.

Oh and if this doesnt belong here please move it.
Is this retarded thread month or something?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
When is it not?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
the only time i ever heard iron maiden use triplets was in phantom of the opera. Are you sure you don't mean steve harris's signature gallop?

Also, just Maiden's live performance blows away everything about metallica. I will admit though, that most of their songs do sound the same. Still love em.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Last edited by humperdunk at Dec 12, 2008,
i like them both. they are both good bands, with their own sound that they try to duplicate in their records. argue about more important things, like who can eat the most hot dogs in 20 mins
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
They're both both big but metallica sold out a bit and iron maiden does have alot of triplet feels in their songs but they're both ok! Both of them have the same sounding songs!
(Iron Maiden with triplets and metallica with clean slow soft intros)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

If you give a mouse a cookie,satan will get angry
Fap, the only solution
or rape, whatever floats your boat
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
maiden uses 16th note galloping rhythms, no triplets
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Quote by Siege of Power
Fap, the only solution
or rape, whatever floats your boat

Dude this isnt the pit, be serious.
yeah it's not actually a triplet beat, it's an eighth and two sixteenths (a.k.a. gallup). and yes, they do use it a lot, but they were never trying to be the most innovative, and the gallup is a pretty common metal beat anyway. and metallica definitely got very formulaic when they went mainstream, but i still like the music, even though i did lose a little respect for them.
really pisses me off when people use the word triplets improperly
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by gbdp54
yeah it's not actually a triplet beat, it's an eighth and two sixteenths (a.k.a. gallup). and yes, they do use it a lot, but they were never trying to be the most innovative, and the gallup is a pretty common metal beat anyway. and metallica definitely got very formulaic when they went mainstream, but i still like the music, even though i did lose a little respect for them.

what the fukk is a gallup?

Anyway, they're both overrated, although Maiden is still great. Metallica is crap, but so is your argument (both of them.) now please leave the metal forum and don't return. ever.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.