So i dont have any experiance when i comes to different pickup tones, all i know is that i can afford an emg and id like one for the neck of my ibanez. But i dont know which one will give me a heavy crunchy tone so can anyone tell me which ones will do just that.
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
How the hell do you know you want an EMG, but don't know what any of them sound like?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
How the hell do you know you want an EMG, but don't know what any of them sound like?

yeah dude...you dont just buy a pickup because you can afford it...you can afford 200 other pickups as well as an EMG...
first, what style of music do you play?
Quote by ongbakkneedrop
81 and 85 set or 81 and 60 set, there tangy for metal

we dont even know if he wants a metal tone.
Heavy crunchy tone for all we know could be his way of saying a wah wah pedal(very unlikely but you get my point)
there are also more active pickups out there, find some guitars with them and check them out

i see you have a fund for more equiptment, and your new amp is getting close, maybe thats where you can put it
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
yeah you can get a great tube amp for $600 alone, and an even better one used.
Just get a new amp before you think about pickups...and if that Nova thing is a solid state, then defintely dont get put actives through it.
pickups only make a good tone better. your tone right now is crap, so invest in a new amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.