I currently have a squier stratocaster.
Thanks to warranty issues, I now have $200 in credit for a new guitar.

I'd like it to be a total of no more than $300, have at least a bridge humbucker, no whammy, and a powerful metal tone to contrast the strat.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated; even something to guide what brand of guitars I'd be looking at would help.
I would suggest an Ibanez for a budget metal guitar.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by ReclaimMyReign

I have already looked a little bit at the Ibanez. They sure are looking good, that one in particular, for the money.

I really want those ESP's but Guitar Center doesn't carry them, and they're giving me $200 to only their store.

Are there any recommendations for the Dean v or explorer-style guitars? I've heard that the explorer shape is really uncomfortable and hard to play on.
Quote by Discgolf
I have already looked a little bit at the Ibanez. They sure are looking good, that one in particular, for the money.

I really want those ESP's but Guitar Center doesn't carry them, and they're giving me $200 to only their store.

Are there any recommendations for the Dean v or explorer-style guitars? I've heard that the explorer shape is really uncomfortable and hard to play on.

+1 to that Ibanez.

I have the RG321MH, and they are solid guitars that just need a pickup swap for the finishing touch tone wise. Wizard II necks are flat and thin as hell, very nice to play leads and fast riffs on.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I sling around a RG321MH as well. I love it, nice thick tone, just need some new pups and a decent amp and you're set.
Thanks for the information on the Ibanez's, I'll head over to GC and see which one I like the best.

If I did end up biting the bullet and getting an ESP guitar, does anyone have any recommendations for one? I really like the MH100QM from looks, but I have yet to play it.