Hey guys so I was just looking through the guitar center website and came across this Martin acoustic that goes for $32,000.000 ..I almost crapped myself when I saw it and it got me thinking like this thing costs more a good car does. I would feel scared to buy something like that in fear that It would get a scratch on it. I bought a taylor acoustic last year for over $1700 and I hate to bring it out of the house.

would you guys ever consider buying a guitar this expensive? (exception if you're a multimillionaire where money is no object)

heres a link for it if you want to check it out:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Martin-D-28-Authentic-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar-513360-i1175484.gc
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Agreed. I have a $ 179 amp and I fear for it's safety.

You would have insurance on something like this, but thats a rich ppl thing, which we cannot relate to.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
I didn't even bother looking at the link because I know there's no way a guitar is worth that much money.
I like the review that said: "If you don't purchase this as soon as possible, you don't deserve to call yourself a true musician" XD.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
For that money, I could find a $3000 guitar that kicks it's ass and a good early-90s Mustang GT.
i wouldnt want to own anything thats expensive enough that its destruction would make me feel like crying. a 32K martin would definitely make that list. oh and remember that the more you pay the less get for your money i.e. a 1000 dollar guitar is better than a 100 dollar to a much larger degree than a 10000 dollar guitar is to 1000 dollar one. take this from a lesson a couple of cars taught me. id rather have a car i can bump a shoping cart with and kick the door shut than one i could smile at for its shine as im walking away because the one that gets kicked is more enthusastic about doing its job or rather im more enthusasitic about letting it do its job.
Quote by Flying Couch
For that money, I could find a $3000 guitar that kicks it's ass and a good early-90s Mustang GT.

if youd pay 29000 for a mustang thats over ten years old than you have obviously never purchaced or owned a car ever. sweet jesus you could get a brand new mustang GT for that much money. oh yeah did you see the new camaro. just like old times the V-6 camaro will have as much horsepower as the V-8 mustang. Fords only make mechanics and tow truck operators smile. Boo ya to you sir, assumed ford guy.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
if youd pay 29000 for a mustang thats over ten years old than you have obviously never purchaced or owned a car ever. sweet jesus you could get a brand new mustang GT for that much money. oh yeah did you see the new camaro. just like old times the V-6 camaro will have as much horsepower as the V-8 mustang. Fords only make mechanics and tow truck operators smile. Boo ya to you sir, assumed ford guy.

Oh, I know. I just prefer early-90s 'Stangs. Aside from a select few Japanese cars, post-90s cars as a whole don't really do it for me.
No use of something like that. I'd never buy something like that even if I'm a millionaire.
Millionaire? Probably not. Multimillionaire? Hell yes!

Then again, I want to collect a vast array of guitars over my lifetime. I have mad GAS.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
This guitar is a big mystery to me. I haven't ever come across one.

I did come across a Martin D-18 Authentic once at Gruhn Guitars that was priced at around $5200... and I must say that it was hands down the best sounding guitar I have ever played.
There are many many factors that lend weight to the price of this guitar, not the least of which is the materials used in the build. Solid adirondack spruce, solid brazilian rosewood, fossilized ivory...and the list goes on. The other main contributing factor is the retooling of the Martin factory to create this beauty. It was made to pre-war specs which means that the entire assembly/fabrication line needed to be refit in order to make this. No small feat considering almost everything back then was done by hand. I can see how the price would be so high, even though it does seem exorbitant. But if I had $32K to drop on anything, I'd pay down my home loan first and foremost. My lowly $350 Alvarez does me just fine.
For 32K I could find a MUCH better Acoustic, thats just silly money! I could buy a couple Les Paul Robots for that money!
^ Yes you could, but you wouldn't have the prestige that goes along with owning an authentic pre-war Martin D-28. That's where the allure of this guitar comes into the picture.
There's a lot of acoustic instruments that cost a similar price. Ever look at what an upright bass, cello, or violin costs?

Henderson acoustic guitars regularly go for $100,000 plus, and I don't hear people complaining about them.
Quote by LeftyDave
^ Yes you could, but you wouldn't have the prestige that goes along with owning an authentic pre-war Martin D-28. That's where the allure of this guitar comes into the picture.

Yea but its not even authentic, its made-to-look-and-feel like it is. If it was really made pre-WWII than it would be a different thing IMHO
Ridiculous money when you could have a Luthier make you your own custom guitar for cheaper, and it would probably be better lol. Oh well, people do silly things with their money, I know I would spend it differently!
Hmmm. Spend that much on a fake vintage guitar or spend less on a real vintage guitar..... so hard to decide!
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
The only advantage that the fake vintage guitar has is that it's more structurally sound. But that's a good point. You can buy a vintage Martin for $30,000, and that's REALLY prestigious.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Stratopower
Ridiculous money when you could have a Luthier make you your own custom guitar for cheaper, and it would probably be better lol. Oh well, people do silly things with their money, I know I would spend it differently!

Got that right. Just look at Michael Jackson!(If you can that is. Personally I think he looks like Kermit the Frog). I mean seriously, the elephant man's bones?
Still, the pre-war knock off would still be a better choice than Martin's one millionth anniversary guitar. That one goes for a mere $109,999.00. And check it out, it's a lefty!!!