My dad works for a Heating and Condisioning company so tis the season to work on getting some money stacked up.
Im asking for just money this year, and guitar pedals for those stubborn sort.

My Main Goal Is To Get Enough Money To Buy A Tube 212 Combo or a Head With a 212 Cabinet, 100 Watts Aprox.
My Idea of Price Range Is Say... 500-700$
I am considering Used Bugera and a cab im buying the speakers for that i already have.

Tonal Tastes -
Clean-
Very Clean sounding, I would be adding chorus and phaser to it very often times so it has to take pedals well and have an effects loop.
Fenderesk cleans with a glassy feel that sticks out.

High Gain-
A few bands i love the guitar tone of...
-Opeth
-Dream Theater
-The Human Abstract
-Necrophagist

I hope this can help.
A Overdrive channel is not going to used very often at all but might on occasion be usefull.
HHMMMMMM.

Me thinks you want a peavey 5150 combo.
Or a head if you can find one.
Craigslist it.

There the standard for any metal period.
Opeth
Dream Theater
The Human Abstract.

Those are like my 3 favorite bands haha me and you have to be friends.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
Opeth
Dream Theater
The Human Abstract.

Those are like my 3 favorite bands haha me and you have to be friends.

Add meh
We can discuss the Pwnage that is Progmetal

Also do you know what amp THA uses?
He gets some good tones on Crossing the Rubicon.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Add meh

They use real real expesive stuff, mostly the Framus Cobra. Midheaven was the biggest let down of my life.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
first of all, you dont need 100 watts. a peavey XXX 212 would be nice. so would a peavey ultra. both of those are discontinued though, so you'd have to look used. a b52 at212 would also suit you well though
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
first of all, you dont need 100 watts. a peavey XXX 212 would be nice. so would a peavey ultra. both of those are discontinued though, so you'd have to look used. a b52 at212 would also suit you well though

My Rythymn Guitarist is a power hungry Mesa Dual Rectifier User.
If i want to get to his volume and headroom i want the 100 Watt amplifier.
Sure i dont need it but its what i desire and thats all tht matters inthe end is it not?
Im not a fan of the XXX, The distortions not to my taste.
Does your other guitarist play with the amp turned all the way up on 10?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
i'm not sure how many 2x12 combos are 100 watts.

i think the main realm of 2x12 combo amps are 50-60 watt.

you might need to go head a 2x12 cab to get 100 watts.

but hey! i could be wrong. in fact i think the mesa dual rectifier roadster could be 100 combo.. double check that tho..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by woodsballplayer
Does your other guitarist play with the amp turned all the way up on 10?

7 or 8 usually.
Its pretty annoying.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i'm not sure how many 2x12 combos are 100 watts.

i think the main realm of 2x12 combo amps are 50-60 watt.

you might need to go head a 2x12 cab to get 100 watts.

but hey! i could be wrong. in fact i think the mesa dual rectifier roadster could be 100 combo.. double check that tho..

If id get any mesa it wouldnt be a Rectifier, not a big fan.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Dec 12, 2008,
you might want to get rid of him and do us all a favor, he sounds really annoying.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
Hes a very important part of the song writting process.
Hes just a theoryless guy who is great at filling in the cracks.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']If id get any mesa it wouldnt be a Rectifier, not a big fan.

i haven't had that much experience with them myself. but i kinda feel the same way. there's plenty of amps i'd get before i'd get a rectifier.

one amp i just thought of that is a 100 watt tube combo, is the b52 AT. lots of people reccommend b-52 amps for high gain material, i'm not very familiar with them at all.. but one thing to try out if possible.

Also a Traynor YCS90. its a 2x12 combo as well. most people don't buy it for metal. but the amp i tried did a very good job with the metal i play.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
B-52 AT-212 hands down. I play Progessive Death metal too, and this amp fits your needs EXACTLY!!!! The cleans are immaculate, and sound ALMOST perfectley like a Fender, and they dont break up at all. The distortion is apocalyptic, and suits technical riffs/sweeps very well. Check it out!!!
Quote by bulletrocks522
B-52 AT-212 hands down. I play Progessive Death metal too, and this amp fits your needs EXACTLY!!!! The cleans are immaculate, and sound ALMOST perfectley like a Fender, and they dont break up at all. The distortion is apocalyptic, and suits technical riffs/sweeps very well. Check it out!!!

Jazzy Deathmetal, ooh lah lah we have a lot in common.
Ill look into it.
EBAY HERE I COME!
Mesa DC-5 or 10 combo, Peavey Triple XXX combo, Laney VC50 combo (it's like a combo version of the VH and GH [?] series if I remember corrently, which is what Opeth use), etc.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Mesa DC-5 or 10 combo, Peavey Triple XXX combo, Laney VC50 combo (it's like a combo version of the VH and GH [?] series if I remember corrently, which is what Opeth use), etc.

Opeth has amazing tone, im going to find a laney to test somehow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZHTKHuFYEo
This test peaked my interest in laneys.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Dec 13, 2008,
b-52 at 212
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
ampeg vh-140c or ss-140c great clean brutal distortion.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
ampeg vh-140c or ss-140c great clean brutal distortion.

Necrophagist in mind?
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Add meh

They were using Framus Cobra's when I saw them live touring Summer 07.
AJ's tone was just Epic, standing right in front of him during Mea Culpa, I would've died happy after that show and meeting him. He also used a bunch of T-Rex pedals, and I think the MAB Boost was in there, as I noticed the emblem, but I'm not sure as of what he used it for, if at all.
I don't really know what to offer though, but Laney comes to mind for sure, and the B-52 amps seem like something to check out for sure.
I hate to say this but if i increased budjet how much would i need for a used laney?
Those videos and opeth have convinced me that there is a god, and his name is tone :O.
Quote by convictionless

+1

EDIT: that link is not linked to a B-52 AT212, its linked to a ST model.
the AT series is better, check out the 212, its 100w, has a rectifier state, and sounds beautiful on all three of its channels.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Opeth uses GT-6 for their distortion lol.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I have a B-52 AT-212 and an Ibanez S520EX with Dimarzio pickups and I also have nearly identical taste as you.....and I recommend all of my gear highly to you :p.

Also, I more recently bought a Line 6 Pod XT Live that I plug into my setup and it really works well with the amplifier and also with my Gibson Explorer which I have modded with Active EMGS +18 volt mod.
Last edited by MegaDTSX at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by woodsballplayer
They use real real expesive stuff, mostly the Framus Cobra. Midheaven was the biggest let down of my life.

+ a gazillion.

Midheaven sucked balls, and I can't believe a bunch of people even liked it.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ
Quote by MegaDTSX
I have a B-52 AT-212 and an Ibanez S520EX with Dimarzio pickups and I also have nearly identical taste as you.....and I recommend all of my gear highly to you :p.

Also, I more recently bought a Line 6 Pod XT Live that I plug into my setup and it really works well with the amplifier and also with my Gibson Explorer which I have modded with Active EMGS +18 volt mod.

Im an ibanez S Series fan, ( look ay my user title) and i love Dimarzio pickups.
Im just poor so i cant afford a guitar so expencive.
I dont have POD but i do have a L6 Toneport is there a way for me to slave my power amp with that as a pre amp?

I actually tryed the AT and am in love with it.
Im probably going to get that plus a Compressor pedal.
B 52 hands down
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
After reading what you're looking at, I believe a great clean channel will be just as important as a good gain channel (Opeth and Dream Theater).

The best amp to fit the bill that I could think of would be the Mesa F-50 or F-100. The F-100 sounds a good bit better than the F-50 but the F-50 is a little cheaper.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
After reading what you're looking at, I believe a great clean channel will be just as important as a good gain channel (Opeth and Dream Theater).

The best amp to fit the bill that I could think of would be the Mesa F-50 or F-100. The F-100 sounds a good bit better than the F-50 but the F-50 is a little cheaper.

ill go for the f100 if i ever et a chance to test it.
I would say a jsx combo.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Quote by endless_fight1
I would say a jsx combo.

I might just get the bugera head 333xl isnt it?
That plus a 212 cab.
Good luck finding a JSX for $500-700? :\

B-52/Bugera would be good but damn I have been GASing for one of those Ampegs for a while >_>
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Good luck finding a JSX for $500-700? :\

B-52/Bugera would be good but damn I have been GASing for one of those Ampegs for a while >_>

I found a video about them both but as ive always loved Peavey amps with an undieing passion i might get a bugera.
Sure they are cloes but from wat ive heard they are near perfect imitations.

Although i tried the B-52 and liked it a lot. The upside to that is i can buy it and even swap out the speakers if im lucky.

EDIT: Anyoe tell me some info on the ampeg besides that its T3h BR00T@LZ?
For instance the clean channel and how reliable it is?
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Dec 18, 2008,