Unless you're a math whiz, the math WILL DESTROY you.

It's OK though. I got a 65 on the math portion and still passed with high proficiency.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I got a 24

also, I realize this is a big deal to you, but please use the search bar.

I've posted in like 5 of these ACT threads. Each one is exactly like the other.

Quote by dudetheman
Unless you're a math whiz, the math WILL DESTROY you.

It's OK though. I got a 65 on the math portion and still passed with high proficiency.

Wrong test mate. It isn't possible to get a 65 in anything on the ACT.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Dec 12, 2008,
I got a 26. Probably would have done better if I hadn't fallen asleep during the science portion. Why can't they hold the test at like noon instead of 8 or 9am or whenever it is? I'd be fine with staying until 5.

So that's my advice to you, don't fall asleep.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
hey, i'm taking it tomorrow too.

as for funny stories, during the practice test i took with my friend a couple of days ago, we decided to play the Penis game:

Me: (whisper) penis
Friend: (slighty louder) penis
Me: (panic whisper) Holy ****, we're done dude!

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
i got a 26 too... just eat breakfast and go to bed right now
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
i got a 26 too... just eat breakfast and go to bed right now

will do.

goodnight, pit.
I'm taking it tomorrow and i'm concerned im not gonna finish. I am a SLOW ass test taker. I used to always be the last one done with the test. You know, the kid everyone wants to beat up for making them wait to talk, that was me.

Any tips for finishing quickly?

Also, how often do people score in the 30's? At least 2 People in my HS got a 34 that I am aware of.
I scored a 23 my first time around, but it had a bunch of trig I wasn't quite ready for.
The science and reading portions are a breeze though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ehh i got to take it tomorrow too. cant get extra sleep even though i gotta wake up extra early.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
I'm gonna say coffee in the morning, and get your brain going by doing some light reading or some math problems from a book or something before you go. Read fast, don't dwell on questions you can't figure out, move on and come back. On math problems, if there is a diagram you probably don't have to read the directions.

Science is basically "graph reading", and english and reading are easy if you are well read or have done much writing. Math is probably the hardest and difficulty is entirely dependent on whether or not you are currently in a math class and are succeeding. Algebra 2 is about the level you need, though they might have one or two calc type questions (nothing too fancy, just some trigonometry or questions dealing with circles). Memorize your formulas (especially geometry ones), and always always ALWAYS skip a problem and come back later- it's easy to not finish this test if you let yourself get stuck.