I bought a new guitar recently, an Ibanez RGR320EXR and I have trouble with the tuning. When I want to Tune a step down, I have to Lossen the springs. The problem is how do I get the tuning back up?
you cant just change tunings on the fly when using a guitar with a floyd/edge/lfr or whatever. for every tuning you want play in, you will need to setup up your guitar. I would pick a tuning, set the guitar up for that tuning (adjust the springs), and stay in that tuning. also, that edge III wont last long. i had an ibanez and the trem broke on me in a week.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by metalhead_c-1
you cant just change tunings on the fly when using a guitar with a floyd/edge/lfr or whatever. for every tuning you want play in, you will need to setup up your guitar. I would pick a tuning, set the guitar up for that tuning (adjust the springs), and stay in that tuning. also, that edge III wont last long. i had an ibanez and the trem broke on me in a week.

yeah ive got a very similar rg and alternate tunings cant be done, sorry! lol but i have found mine to be very reliable! i mean, its not quite a real floyd, but for the price i could realy care less lol
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Yeah have it set up by a pro for whatever tuning you like if you use multiple tunings just tune to the lowest and buy a capo. Trust me dude I had all kinds of problems trying to fix my edge and eventually just gave up and had it done by a pro this week.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
if you want to downtune, you can buy a tremol-no this goes in the back of the guitar and allows you to lock the bridge down making it like a hardtail allowing you to downtune without any worries, would reccomend one!