How are these amps?

I was thinking of getting a LD150 for christmas. I will pretty much use all tones but not sure about the R&B tone.

Should I buy this amp? and do you guys have any experience on this or own one?
I have a Line 6 Spider III amp for my guitar and I absolutely love it, I never saw a Line 6 Bass amp before though...
it sounds awful. the effects sound fake, the amp itself sounds muddy.

try Acoustic or Ashdown amps.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
if i'm not mistaken, these things are just the spiders of the bass world. if this holds true, certainly not worth your time or money.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
^ they are, sort of, but they sound better than spiders. (still not good, though)

There's nothing wrong with the bigger rackmounted ones though...basically a POD stuck to a power amp.
Nope, no sig here.
As a general rule of thumb I have found that avoiding Line six is always the better option.

In our music department in college we only have an Ashdown Eb180 and two Spider 120s.
Why yes, we are horribly low on equipment.
Point is, even the guitarists would rather play through the bass amp.
The effects aren't too bad, but the inherent tone of the amp is pure suckage.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by LabradorBassist
How are these amps?

I was thinking of getting a LD150 for christmas. I will pretty much use all tones but not sure about the R&B tone.

Should I buy this amp? and do you guys have any experience on this or own one?

I have it, it sucks, strangly enough the R&B setting is the only one that doesn't suck.
I want to get this Amp so I wont have to fool around with the effect pedals.

My problem is I live 700 km from the nearest music store so I can't try out the gear. I could also order items online but I want to try it before I buy so for christmas I'm going to my relatives were there is a few music stores in their city and hopefully upgrading from my old gear.
I have one and it's bad.
well, not too bad, but you can forget about getting a clear tone out of it.
It either gives off this strange distorted noise or it has no definition.
I only use the R&B setting on it and it's not worth the money.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I own the LD150 and I wouldn't recommend it. It's an all around mediocre amp and you'd be better off spending the money on something else.
Quote by LabradorBassist
What I want is a Muse tone like Heavily Distorted Bass and some synth sounds

You're going have to spend a lot of money on an Amp and effects to get a tone like that. Take a look at his equipment (without amps):

Quote by ThatGuy177
It sucks. Go Ashdown or Acoustic.

+1

I just got an acoustic head and cab for my birthday/christmas present. ****ing awesome!! I highly suggest it.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by LabradorBassist
What I want is a Muse tone like Heavily Distorted Bass and some synth sounds

The synth setting is worthless and the distortion isn't anything to write home about. Just buy a synth pedal and a distortion pedal if you're looking for that kind of sound.
what i meant to say was that you should Definately get One!
it's Not like they really suck or anything like that. They're simply amazing(BUt they have a bad rep). i'm selling my lowdown 175 used right now!!
if you want it then just pm me and we can discuss shipping charges and everything else.
You should buy it soon because I have a feeling i'll only be selling it Till right before christmas.

man, i've got way too much time on my hands.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I was going to get a LD 150 i ot a rumble instead. Pretty much the same. Dont get it go ashdown(not the practise things) or hartke peavey anything will do a fairly good job. It will save you upgrading sooner.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The Muse bassist uses a discontinued synth pedal that sells for over $600 dollars. Don't try to emulate his tone unless you have several grand to spend.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1