Im entering the schools talent show and i have no idea what to play. I am an beginner-intermeadiate guitarist. I have only a drummer and i am probably going to sing. I might get a bassist and a singer but just in case I need a song that I can play and sing easily. The song doesn't have any requirments except that it has to attract all the women at school
Last edited by Supersonic64 at Dec 13, 2008,
If you do get a bassist then "Hardest Button to Button" might be one of the easiest White Stripes songs for y'all to play. Jack does the bass as an overdub with his Digitech Whammy set 2 octives down.

If not then probably "Fell in Love With a Girl", but you'd really be able to sing to pull that off because the voice really carries that song.

Just don't do "Jolene"
in my opinion the only music worth playing is metal/rock...but more metal. A great song to play is "Tranquil" by Darkest Hour... i've been playing for about 6 or 7 months and its no problem, even the solo is easy

---OR---

"This Calling" by All that remains...that ones slightly harder but no problems really, and its got a good chorus that you can play and sing at the same time.<br>< br>
All of these can be played with one guitarist but it does sound better with two so... my 2 cents...
Quote by Iceman 420
The Black Keys-any song.

Psychotic Girl has my vote.

And another vote for the white stripes as well, they are more popular so you would probably wanna think about doing that first considering it's for a talent show.
yeah go white stripes on this one

do Blue Orchid or Fell In Love With A Girl
but if you do, get someone to sing for you if you cant hit those high notes like Jack
what genre are you looking for?? For rock/blues:
-Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin is simple and a crowd pleaser
-Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd would be good if you have an acoustic
-Purple Haze
-All Along the Watchtower
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
Quote by Iceman 420
The Black Keys-any song.

10 Am Automatic or Set You Free (I've got a live clip of them doing that song and it rocks)
If Your Into It by Flight of the Conchords. Also try Albi the Racist Dragon by the same band.
All along the watchtower By Jimi would definately amaze people. It's great to listen, atleast for music-lovers.
Quote by jordy-77
what genre are you looking for?? For rock/blues:
-Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin is simple and a crowd pleaser-Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd would be good if you have an acoustic
-Purple Haze
-All Along the Watchtower

That would be a bad choice unless his drummer is really good. All my drummer friends tell me its a bitch to play on drums.

Anyways, I'd just suggest something off Guitar Hero or Rock Band.
Juicebox by The Strokes if you can get annother guitarist to play the second guitar piece.