Hey, so here's my situation....
I used to play 10's and about a year ago i changed my string gauge to 9's and its been really good. I've now decided I want to go back to 10's. I put some 10s on my strat and it is insanely hard to bend the high e. Is this a problem with the action or springs in the bridge, etc? Or do I have to get used to playing 10's again. I'm pretty sure 10's were never that tough to play and I think my strat needs a lower action and less tension. I've decided im gonna get it setup, and now I'm thinking of putting 10's on my les paul so I can get used to 10's. If i get them both setup for 10s can I later change them to 9's or will it need to be re-setup? I've been really frustrated cause ever since I put those 10's on my strat its been impossible to play and it feels like I suck. I play alot of blues licks so I bend a ton, and I'm not a noob. So thanks UG if you can help me.
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
yes you will have to get it set up if you want to go back to 9's and why do you want to go back to tens anyways??
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
just cause its a fatter sounding tone, and I want to get stronger hands, I used to play them and I was fine on them. Its just cause I also will be tuning down half a step too
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
Tuning down a halfstep doesn't at all require a heavier gauge of string. I play in D standard and C standard with 9's///tis all good here