I was wondering what type of strings would i need to get to be able to get to low c tuning ?

And will there be any cons from not having a 5 string and going that low?
Thank you =]
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but why not get a 5 string at that point?
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Get a fairly heavy set for that type of tuning.

I'd recommend a fiver at some point though...makes things quite a bit easir
Nope, no sig here.
Yeah the problem is the band that i play in we play in low c tuning.
yeah im going to start investing on a 5 string
but how heavy?? like what gauges??
I just use a set of 45-105's on my warwick for drop C/B, and it is comfortable in both. Albeit, I do have fairly high action, but the lowered strig tension feels good in combination with high action. It really is no advantage having an extra low 'B' string, cause chances are you'll just end up using it as GCGCF (Low G) which is very limited in use in the best metal situations.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
^ Yeah, the low B isn't really a substitute for drop tuning... Although you can put a capo on the first fret if you need the open C.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

So are yo saying I should buy a 5 string set?
and put the b e a d string but not the g string on??
Quote by Bassis4me
So are yo saying I should buy a 5 string set?
and put the b e a d string but not the g string on??

No, the low B string would probably break your nut.

I use Ernie ball power slinkies (55-110) and they work fine for drop C.
If the strings don't fit the nut though, don't force them in, use a metal file or a nail file just to make the grooves a bit wider.
If you were going by the 5 string pack route, it'd be a better idea to omit the E string as opposed to the G. Why? This is why!

If you were in drop C tuning, you are tuned CGCF low to high. With the bottom 4 strings of a 5 string pack tuned to that, you have:

B -> C = One step up
E -> G = 1 1/2 steps up
A -> C = 1 1/2 steps up
D -> F = 1 1/2 steps up

I don't know about you, but I'd hate that amount of tension. By omitting the E string, you simply tune the low B up to C, and the A, D and G strings down a step. All you'd need is a slightly heavy gauge, and the tension will feel better. Yes, you don't want your strings to be stupidly floppy, but you don't want them super tight either- both are detrimental.
It's better to get a heavy set of strings than to get a five string set.

I'm actually looking at an Ibanez GSR200 right now that has BEAD strings, tuned to C#. The tension is just horrible on it...it feels like playing steel rods.
Nope, no sig here.
My band plays in C# and I've went through a number of different guages and string makes to find one that's right for me, in the end I settled with a nice set of Slinky 105s.

Although generally, even if it isn't comfortable at first, you'll get used to the strings as time goes on.