I've put a whole heap of Ice Nine Kills tab requests in the requests thing. Please, please, please! Someone tab them or at least a few of them!
Please, please, please!
I really wanna get better at shredding and what better way than to play some Ice Nine Kills. ****-quick lead and basic rhythm. I just really wanna learn how to shred better. Hopefully, it will help with my improvising as well. I suck at i9mprov-ing at the moment.
I can play most of the "The Greatest Story Ever Told" tab by Ice Nine Kills and it's pretty hard and quick as ****. Someone please tab some for me!!!!
I'll be forever in your debt.
*Kneels down and begs on knees*
Quote by goest
Liar!!! >

How am I a liar? You can't say playing as quick as The Greatest Story Ever Told doesn't take talent. it's like 25 notes in 3 seconds.
Figuring it out yourself would be so much more satisfying.

I learned how to play a RHCP B-Side on bass that isn't tabbed here, or anywhere else, once. It was one of the finer moments in my music career.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
How am I a liar? You can't say playing as quick as The Greatest Story Ever Told doesn't take talent. it's like 25 notes in 3 seconds.

Sure, they can play fast, but speed does not necessarily equal talent. Also, I just don't like the vocal style or the music in general...just...not my cup of tea...

Oh, and what the man above me says is the truth. Think of how good you'll feel if you learn it by ear. Not only will it boost your self esteem, but it will help your improv skills as well as train your ear. It's a win, win, win.

MOTIVATION FTWWW
True. I have thought about that and I've tried and I'm just not that good at figuring stuff out but I did do a perfect tab of Waiting On A War by 36 Crazyfists by ear. But my ear isn't that good. Especially, if there's 2 guitars.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
True. I have thought about that and I've tried and I'm just not that good at figuring stuff out but I did do a perfect tab of Waiting On A War by 36 Crazyfists by ear. But my ear isn't that good. Especially, if there's 2 guitars.

If you have a way of slowing the song down, do that and just repeat each section over and over and learn it that way. That's how I got the timing down for almost every Mastodon song....that shit is brutal...
What's a good method of slowing it down? Whenever I slow something down it goes deeper and I can't tell what the notes are.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
What's a good method of slowing it down? Whenever I slow something down it goes deeper and I can't tell what the notes are.

I use Windows Media player and slow it down by 50%. It's pretty good at keeping the sound quality the same as at regular speed. Some decent headphones help, too.