Im 18, still in high school, and looking for a part-time job (mainly because I really want one of these http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-CustomGX-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515617 lol)

I live in upstate new york (really upstate, in the adirondack mountains), and getting a job seems difficult because the economy isnt doing great up here.

I've applied at places like mcdonalds, and I dont know why but I just dont get a call from them after submitting an application. I mean, I have some prior experience and am not asking for much ($8.00/hr, but I'll take minimum wage, idc really)

any ideas of places that hire a LOT of people, and can probably get me a job?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Fast Food or Retail.

I'd like to say "/thread", but maybe someone else will float a good idea out there.

EDIT: You're a little late for this, but larger retail stores generally hire a ton for the holiday season.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Wal-Mart. They mostly pay better than minimum wage and (I hear) they have flexible hours.

I would, but I cant. Sadly I got a job at wal-mart awhile ago, but I had to quit on the first day because transportation wasnt solid and I was having family issues, so I doubt they'll rehire me (at least at that store...)

but yeah, I have solidified transportation now, and I can guarantee I can get to work, which was a big issue before.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
what u gotta do is when u apply ask for the manager and talk to him/her directly, tell them you are looking for employment and if they are hiring, and second of all if u dont ask for them, when u drop your resume somewhere, call the next day and ask for the manager and ask if he/she has read your resume yet, just bug them and itll show you are interested in a job there, try it out good luck to you
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.