Anyone know of good Metal/Hardcore songs in Drop D/Standard Tuning? Nothing too hard to play. For example, stuff like Black Label by Lamb Of God.
Oh snap, forgot to mention no Metallica :x Not a fan of them.
Rhythm guitars in Avenged Sevenfold's songs are pretty easy. On City of Evil tuning was Drop D but I'm not sure if it's not lower in new album.
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr - Trivium, pretty easy. Solo may be a bit of a challenge though.
If you're after some Metal, all of Tool's stuff is in Drop D. They have some mad stuff. Easy too.
@Klepa

Yeah I've played some of their songs. Need more different stuff now.

@Newb_Kid

I've got the tab for it, but it's in Drop C. O_o

@Disturbed_EMG

I'll check em out. Thanks
Lamb of god seems to be the only heavy metal band that still uses drop D tuning anymore. Everyone else uses drop C tuning.
Quote by ALiFe
pull harder on the strings of your mother isn't played in drop c... get another tab

this one, for example http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/trivium/pull_harder_on_the_strings_of_your_martyr_ver3_tab.htm

Pull Harder on the Strings of you Mother. Yeah that sounds about right.

Its actually Martyr. but ok.

anyway, some of bullet for my valentine is in drop d. but not all.
Say hello to Tilt-A-Whirl

Quote by a6l6e6x1
i shave my pubes, so should they

wait, i mean no i dont! hehe

*backs slowly out of the thread*
Pull Harder on the Strings of your Mother, LOL.

Thanks guys for the recommendations. Any other songs?
trivium - ascendancy album
lamb of god - laid to rest..most of their stuff rele..
iron maiden??
still remains - anemia in your sheets
underoath

seriously..thats all thats on my ipod...the rest is like drop c..or b.. jesus..never thought about that lol
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Definitely all Lamb Of God, Boom by P.O.D if you're into that, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath, Disturbed maybe, they use a few different tunings, Evanescence, Extreme, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, Psycroptic, Nightwish, Opeth, Pantera, Porcupine Tree, Slayer, Sodom, Testament.

Have fun.
sig goes here
Anything by The Devil Wears Prada, and Six by All That Remains can be played in Drop D and is fun.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Some other easy Lamb of God songs are.......Omerta is really easy, Boot Scraper isn't too hard, Vigil, Pariah. Those aren't too bad and btw LOG fucking rules!
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Thanks a lot guys ;D.

Are there any other simillar bands to Lamb Of God or Trivium that play in Drop D/Standard?
pantera play standard and drop d and so does slayer and maiden but theyre not hardcore
i think some enter shikari is drop d
therion play in standard if youre into operatic metal its actutually pretty cool so you should check them out
and i think phsycroptic play drop d but im not sure
i think alot of black metal is in standard so things like dimmu borgir but i dont listen to much black metal so idk
rammstien play in drop d
and possibly cradle of filth i think
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by likecallisto666
Pull Harder on the Strings of you Mother. Yeah that sounds about right.

Its actually Martyr. but ok.

anyway, some of bullet for my valentine is in drop d. but not all.

they play in drop C

or D standard

but i dont think they play in drop D
Frontbassman sucks in the nicest way possible

Kevin and Kelsey 12-03-2007

Rated by difficulty, 1 being the easiest, 10 being the hardest.

Dragonforce - Operation Ground And Pound - 7
Trivium - Entrance Of The Conflagration - 3
Lamb Of God - Blood Of The Scribe - 4
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast And The Harlot - 2
Racer X - Technical Difficulties - 5 (Shred)

There's not much I can give you. The Metal/Hardcore genre most commonly plays in drop tunings.
Quote by Ibanezshred333
Doesn't TOOL use drop D?

You know, because Soft rock is metal/hardcore.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0