I spend most of my time using headphones through a Digitech GNX3000 and I really like the way it sounds, though I don't use that many amp models/efects; just those I know work for me. As an amp, I also have a Marshall DSL401 that has had the speaker upgraded to a Celestion G12T-75 and an upgrade to JJ Tesla valves but as I don't play in a band any more, it is never really used as I can't turn it up very loud at all. I've been wondering if I'd be better off changing my amp for something more solid state. One option I was considering is a Peavey Vypyr 75w with the optional floorboard as then I could combine my current rig in one amp. Is the Vypyr worth considering for this or would I be better sticking with what I have? If it would be worth changing, what sort of value is in my current gear? It's all in mint condition.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
I spend most of my time using headphones through a Digitech GNX3000 and I really like the way it sounds, though I don't use that many amp models/efects; just those I know work for me. As an amp, I also have a Marshall DSL401 that has had the speaker upgraded to a Celestion G12T-75 and an upgrade to JJ Tesla valves but as I don't play in a band any more, it is never really used as I can't turn it up very loud at all. I've been wondering if I'd be better off changing my amp for something more solid state. One option I was considering is a Peavey Vypyr 75w with the optional floorboard as then I could combine my current rig in one amp. Is the Vypyr worth considering for this or would I be better sticking with what I have? If it would be worth changing, what sort of value is in my current gear? It's all in mint condition.

Well don't sell it because you'll end up needing it one day for recording or maybe another band or just jamming loud. I'd say something solid state would suit you better for low volume and headphone practice. But I'd save up the cash for it. Don't sell the tube amp you have. I'd get me a guitarport on the computer if I was you. You can play with headphones or good computer speakers. Has tons of amp models. Peavey revalver series is even better.
hcsn2008 is on to something there.

Your GNX will not work real well with the Vypyr. If your done with the DSL, then actually a solid state amp can work well with pedals like this. I did it. If you try the Vypyr and like it, then get rid of everything else and get the Peavey Sampura pedal II and Revalver - which comes with it I think on the bigger models.

Or get a really clean SS or Tube amp and keep your GNX.