How does one get fuller sounding single notes? I hear many musicians who seem to have a great sound consistently whether they are hitting multiple notes or just a single fret -- even on their single notes I can fully hear their effects. For me, I only hear the effects/distortion on the lower strings and power chords.

How can I get my single notes on the high strings to sound less tinny and clean?
Well humbuckers work and start using the neck pickup gives you a rounder tone.
Gear :
Schecter Damien V-FR
Ibanez V70
Line 6 Spider III 15
Quote by Hanato
New BC Rich Guitar ?!
Why would you want a guitar that similtanously scratchs your arse, picks your nose and kills the guy next to you

Child Molester

|

|

|

|

V
Quote by jrayz13
Well humbuckers work and start using the neck pickup gives you a rounder tone.

It's true that the neck pickup will give you a rounder, thicker sound but that's not all. It also has a lot to do with techniques, particularly vibrato. Another thing can be the equipment they use, ranging from their reverb to distortion to equalizers.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Usually well saturated gain will plump out the higher notes, and thinner more artificial distortion suffers at the high notes... so depending on what amp you have it could be that.
Quote by eA-Zaku
How does one get fuller sounding single notes? I hear many musicians who seem to have a great sound consistently whether they are hitting multiple notes or just a single fret -- even on their single notes I can fully hear their effects. For me, I only hear the effects/distortion on the lower strings and power chords.

How can I get my single notes on the high strings to sound less tinny and clean?

Have your guitar set up properly - action not too low, pickups not too close to strings.
Good technique - pick and fret cleanly and accurately
Good vibrato
EQ your amp properly
Don't have old strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
one other thing, try messign with the EQ system, turn the treble up, that might work.
Thanks for all the answers guys. I am far from being even competent with my guitar and I know a lot of the guys who have the sound I'm looking for have far and away better skills and equipment.

Quote by death_metaller
yeha what guitar/setup you using?

Fender Jagstang reissue with stock everything (can't afford installing EMG's and Tune-o-matic)
Going to replace my really really worn out strings with Ernie Ball skinny top heavy bottom today
Roland Cube 20X amp