Page 1 of 2
Hello pit. I feel a need to get out of this town that I've lived my whole life in, so I've decided to take a road trip by myself to Canada. I plan to stay there about a month, but might stay longer.

I have some questions:

-When should I go? I am planning to go in February but would it be too cold?

-Where should I go? I am more interested in nature spots, but I also want to visit some of the cities. I will be traveling from California.

-I plan to sleep in my car most of the trip? Will this be a problem?

-What is the legality of marijuana? Is it easy to obtain if I don't know anybody?

-What should I do for food?

-Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
sleeping in your car eh? just askin' to get raped.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
1) Springtime is nice, also depends where you are headed.
2) Alberta....Banff....or British Columbia....some nice places around
3) You can park your car on the side of the highway, I believe.
4) Fairly obtainable, wouldnt know all information. I dont do it.....around the same topic...playing GTA IV a lady on the phone said "The best weed is from British Columbia"
5) http://www.gonorthwest.com/Visitor/planning/border/food_canada.htm

6) Have fun...Im sure more people in the Pit from Canada will help you out

You mess with the flag, you're still a spade
Question:When should I go? I am planning to go in February but would it be too cold?

Answer: Canada is VERY nice in the spring and summer times. Depending on where you go, it can be fairly cold during February. B.C. is awesome in the summer

Question: Where should I go? I am more interested in nature spots, but I also want to visit some of the cities. I will be traveling from California.

Answer: From Cali eh? I would say B.C. is a safe bet. If you are here for a month or two you can probably cover most of B.C. It is very beautiful, but also has its cities. PLUS, you are in the middle of the best part of the rocky mountains.

Question: I plan to sleep in my car most of the trip? Will this be a problem?

Answer: No, it will not be a problem. There are so many provincial parks in B.C it makes my head hurt starting to think about it........

Question: What is the legality of marijuana? Is it easy to obtain if I don't know anybody?

Answer: B.C has the best weed in Canada, and it is decriminalized to the point where you can be in posession of a small amount (basically the equivalent of 1 joint) and get off with nothing but a slap on the wrist. It will be easy to obtain as well.

Question: What should I do for food?

Answer: Bring food with you, but bring cash for fresh fruit. The Okanagan Valley has some of the best fruit in the world (IMO).... you can basically live on fruit and water. Also, bison burgers will be plenty and so will regular beef.

Question: Any other suggestions?

Answer: I suggest bringing rain gear and posssibly a tent and sleeping bag. B.C. is notorious for changing weather in 5 minutes flat....after all the saying is "if you don't like the weather...wait 5 minutes..." The tent and sleeping bag will come in handy for provincial parks... after all...while you're in the rockies...who wants to sleep in their car?
bump, and thanks for the suggestions, they are very helpful!
I'd recommend coming around May to be honest, the weather in February can be nice, or downright cold as piss.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Damn, I REALLY want to go to Canada now
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
It is very unpleasant (at least where I live) in the winter in Canada. Don't go in February.
sup?
Be sure to hit up a Timmy's! Don't have much to tell you about your other questions.

Canada is great btw. If I didn't live here already I'd want to make a trip for sure. From Calgary, here.
Me duele todo el cuerpo por los errores
Presionados por la lujuria
Nos mentimos tanto el uno al otro
Que en nada confiamos
I'd go to British Columbia personally. I live in Ontario and have been there a few times. There are major cities and beautiful sceneries. It might be a little less pleasant in the winter though. However due to it's proximity to the ocean, I don't think it's as bad.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Dec 13, 2008,
Either visit B.C. or Ontario and Quebec (drinking age is 18 in Quebec )

It will be cold and there'll be lots of snow, atm it's -15 C and we've got a bit of snow ( a bit under a foot), this is bound to be a lot worse in February, expect -20 to -30 C and a ****load of snow. I suggest you go during Fall when all the leaves on the maples turn orange, it's a great sight. For nature you could check out either the Rocky regions in B.C. as mentioned above or Northern Ontario (North Bay and surrounding area like Temagami, no need to make it all the way to the Hudson Bay) and Rural areas of Quebec. For cities, check out Vancouver if you go the B.C. way, or Niagara Falls, Toronto, Ottawa (drop by, eh), and Montreal if you go the Ontario-Quebec way.

If you get caught with small amounts of weed they'll probably just confiscate it, or not. Probably best to find a dealer in Toronto and buy a bit off them if you can, they might not want to sell a bunch to some random guy they met on the street, before you make your way North. Weed is everywhere in B.C.

(edit in: worst they'd do is fine you ^^^)

Might be a little cold to sleep in your car in February, you could probably pull it off in the summer though.
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Dec 13, 2008,
Yeah when I went to B.C there was a bunch of people smoking weed on the beach at night time(this was Tofino)
Music, a steady riot in my soul
Best weed is in BC and Quebec. I'd recommend BC since you're in Cali. Feburary is always the coldest time of year, BC is nice anytime but the winter (BC winters are just... grey...). Food, I dunno, there's always fast food everywhere, if you've got it planned out well and have money food shouldn't be a problem. I doubt sleeping in your car is gonna be a problem, as long as you don't mind the discomfort.

I dunno about how the cops treat weed, but here in Gatineau(Ottawa) everyone is a stoner so you don't have to worry about it. Me and my pals are always out in public places.
Quote by AzureNight
http://www.webehigh.com/

Check out this site it has info on how to find weed in any city in any country. Plenty of Canadian cities there.

My hometown made it...

"Police will sometimes dump small amounts. Young police more likely to arrest you. "

Damn the local college for having such a popular Police training program, too many kids in that city think about becoming cops, including a lot of pot smokers.
I was gonna give advice, but then you mentioned drugs.

Fuck that.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by drunkenhamster1
Yeah when I went to B.C there was a bunch of people smoking weed on the beach at night time(this was Tofino)

Live a couple hours away from Tofino.

Calgary was voted the cleanest city in the world by Forbes last year.

Just gonna throw that out there. Oh and I wouldn't come to Calgary in Febuary unless you don't mind -10 to -5 degree Celsius temperatures.

I hate Edmonton (city rivalry) but they have West Edmonton Mall which is one of the largest malls in the world.

Make sure to stop in Banff, its a pretty awesome town. (just google pictures of the scenery).

Oh I forgot to mention if you ski/snowboard you should definitely go to Lake Louise. If you like hockey/skating then Calgary has over 100 outdoor rinks and a good number of indoor rinks (not sure how many).

Quote by Liberation
I was gonna give advice, but then you mentioned drugs.

Fuck that.

If he asked what some local breweries were would you have been fine with that?
Last edited by CaptainRon at Dec 14, 2008,
Im from Ontario its alright, Toronto can be fun because of younge street.. but my best friend lived in B.C. for 2 years and my parents visited there. Ive heard nothing but great things from both of them.. Plus B.C. Bud is supposed to be rockin
Quote by CaptainRon
Calgary was voted the cleanest city in the world by Forbes last year.

Just gonna throw that out there. Oh and I wouldn't come to Calgary in Febuary unless you don't mind -10 to -5 degree Celsius temperatures.

I hate Edmonton (city rivalry) but they have West Edmonton Mall which is one of the largest malls in the world.

Make sure to stop in Banff, its a pretty awesome town. (just google pictures of the scenery).

Oh I forgot to mention if you ski/snowboard you should definitely go to Lake Louise. If you like hockey/skating then Calgary has over 100 outdoor rinks and a good number of indoor rinks (not sure how many).

If he asked what some local breweries were would you have been fine with that?

ROFL

Go to northwestern Ontario.... Dryden, Sioux Lookout, Red Lake, Kenora area.... **** sakes -45 to -50 in february....
Quote by figerade
1) Springtime is nice, also depends where you are headed.
2) Alberta....Banff....or British Columbia....some nice places around
3) You can park your car on the side of the highway, I believe.
4) Fairly obtainable, wouldnt know all information. I dont do it.....around the same topic...playing GTA IV a lady on the phone said "The best weed is from British Columbia"
5) http://www.gonorthwest.com/Visitor/planning/border/food_canada.htm

6) Have fun...Im sure more people in the Pit from Canada will help you out

PORT ALBERNI!!!

I'm in Courtenay, crazy ****.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
The questions you've asked have been answered, so here's my two cents:

Come to BC in April/May. Start with Vancouver, then move east and north into the Interior. The mountains are spectacular. Vancouver in February is most likely to be cold and wet, around 0-10 degrees celsius, but in April, flowers and trees will be green again, and its really beautiful. Make sure you hit Vancouver (come to Richmond for some Asian culture, we're right next door), Kamloops and Osoyoos (sp?). You can also see Victoria if you don't mind taking a ferry across the straight to Vancouver Island.

Really, BC is my favourite place on earth.
B.C sounds perfect for you..... theres nothing more to it
Quote by Shamwich
The questions you've asked have been answered, so here's my two cents:

Come to BC in April/May. Start with Vancouver, then move east and north into the Interior. The mountains are spectacular. Vancouver in February is most likely to be cold and wet, around 0-10 degrees celsius, but in April, flowers and trees will be green again, and its really beautiful. Make sure you hit Vancouver (come to Richmond for some Asian culture, we're right next door), Kamloops and Osoyoos (sp?). You can also see Victoria if you don't mind taking a ferry across the straight to Vancouver Island.

Really, BC is my favourite place on earth.

This is the gospel truth. Although...you failed to mention he should visit East Hastings, the culture there is second to none.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
i lived in victoria BC for 9 years and i do suggust going there, start in victoria and then work your way to jasper or edmonton.
see in edmonton we have the biggest mall in the world.
anyways, the route from victoria BC to Edmonton AB is a good route cause it goes through all the mountains and what not. also if your in the edmonton area i know good palces to go and stuff.
i wouldnt sleep in a car though when going through BC. its kinda dangerous especially if you go through vancouver.
Thanks for all the replies! Great advice. I think I will go in April (so far away ), and the majority of my trip will be BC most definitely. I can't wait! I've been wanting to take a trip for a long time...
BC is soo nice my friend is a forest engineer ( i don't know what he does but he lives in a forest in the mountains and ****) definetly check out victoria and vancouver.

while there you can catch salmon (maybe it's tuna i can't remmember) you can sell them to local shops fresh(i think you can get pretty good money) or eat them yourself it's kinda cool my friend goes to BC every year and they do that

and there is lots of weed in BC aswell

i think you would have a great time there
song stuck in my head today

Quote by Ecliptica24
Hello pit. I feel a need to get out of this town that I've lived my whole life in, so I've decided to take a road trip by myself to Canada. I plan to stay there about a month, but might stay longer.

I have some questions:

-When should I go? I am planning to go in February but would it be too cold?

No idea, i'm half a world away

-Where should I go? I am more interested in nature spots, but I also want to visit some of the cities. I will be traveling from California.

No idea, i'm half a world away
-I plan to sleep in my car most of the trip? Will this be a problem?

What kind of car do you have? If you have a ute with a canopy, thats awesome, or a 4x4 with a large boot. A small car you might get really sick of it after a couple of nights.

-What is the legality of marijuana? Is it easy to obtain if I don't know anybody?

I say take a large stash of your own. Nothing beats home grown

-What should I do for food?

Get a car fridge if you have the dosh, that'll make life real easy. If not, carry simple supplies with you (ie bread, fuit, water, snacks)

-Any other suggestions?

Don't plan the **** out of it, just drive and enjoy. If you have a 4x4, make sure you don't go anywhere where you won't be able to get yourself out if you get stuck. Othere than that, just have fun.

Thanks in advance.
i suggest that you visit Toronto and Montreal as well. i live part time in both and if your spending a month drive from Vancouver across to Ontario and Quebec. In BC definietly check out Vancouver island, it's really nice there. weed is very easy to get in BC and fairly easy to get in Ontario or Quebec.

i am from here so i don't mind the cold but i would suggest comming a few months later than february, unless you are just visiting BC then whatever because it doesn't get too bad in southern BC.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Oh another question: What is the usual cost of campgrounds? I will definitely get sick of sleeping in my car so I'm going to bring a tent so I can camp.
Quote by Ecliptica24
Oh another question: What is the usual cost of campgrounds? I will definitely get sick of sleeping in my car so I'm going to bring a tent so I can camp.

I'm not sure, but the youth hostels I stayed in in Vancouver were dirt cheap and damn good quality too (for a youth hostel).
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Quote by Supertait
PORT ALBERNI!!!

I'm in Courtenay, crazy ****.

WHOA! That is crazy!

Page 1 of 2