So for roughly about AU$1200 I'm looking for a new guitar and amp. I currently play a crappy strat copy through a Randall amp.

The amp doesn't have to be anything too special, just able to put out some nice tones (the Randall is pretty poor). Doesn't have to be a complete beast or anything.

I'd like something fairly versatile. I'd like to be able to get some nice cool funky sounds out of it, as well as some indie rock/punk sounds (think Babyshambles).

I've been thinking of perhaps a semi-hollow, really like the clean tones that they produce, but not too sure what it would sound like with some overdrive?

Anyway, I could probably go a bit higher than that price, but I would like to not go any higher than $1500.

Any ideas for what I'm sorta looking for?
ibanez artcores sound awesome and they are semi hollow, with a decent amp you can get amazing overdrive with it but it wont look right.
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by BackDoorEntry
ibanez artcores sound awesome and they are semi hollow, with a decent amp you can get amazing overdrive with it but it wont look right.

The Artcores appeal to me, but what sorta difference is there in the various models? I mean, besides colour etc.

More specifically... I can get an Artcore AFS75TD for $550, an AS73 for $850, an AF75D for $900, an AF95 for about $1000... Is there any major reason to not go for the cheaper AFS75TD compared to the others?

And for the amp I'm leaning towards a Roland Cube...probably a 30X...the built in EFX etc. is appealing.
Kosmic Sound (If your in WA) have a Peavey Vypyr 30 for $400 which the best price in perth and it is a damn good amp.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.