The time has come to replace my power tubes! [power tubes, then speaker later on].
I have no idea if they need replacing, but the pre-amp TADs sucked badly, so I can guess that new power tubes can improve the tone even more.
Hopefully, it can make my Drive channel's natural gain sound so much better (the only problem with my amp TBH is the crap overdriven tone, but this could be my pre-amp tubes - or is it?).

So, recommend some really good el84 tubes.
It would be extremely helpful if other users of my amp could post their recommendations.
The uber tube thread is helpful, and it says go JJ or EH. But what would work better?

Remember, I want great cleans, great low-drive, great mid-drive (amp or OD), and a passable high-gain (think 80's metal - think JCM 800-esque) from my OD.
I intend on buying a Fuzz Factory, and later on I'll get a better OD.
So, any help?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Well it can improve your natural gain... Mostly because power amp tubes create power amp gain when they are turned up. Your pre amp gain are your pre amp tubes. Kindof like if you notice... When you are turned up loud you don't need as much gain on your pre amp as you do when you are turned down. Because the power tubes being louder creates a natural power amp gain. Some amps more so than others. I personally don't know what tubes the mesa's are. They are rebranded tubes but they are the best tubes I've ever played so I continue to pay the price for them. If I could find the original brand that's cheaper I would go for them. But whatever mesa tubes are... amazing and so warm.
Anyone else?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO