hi guys,

i am looking to buy a new guitar, i have about 400eu (500 dollars), i mostly play blues or metal (i know a weird combination), i own a peavey valveking, an boss ds, an electro harmonix holy stain and a epiphone les paul standard.

i would like a good guitar for shredding (i would keep the les paul for my bluesy moments)

i have been looking at an epiphone korina flying v, is that a good choice? or will it sound exactly like my les paul?

or do you have any better sugestions?

thanks,
henis
Last edited by henis at Dec 13, 2008,
Quote by henis
hi guys,

i am looking to buy a new guitar, i have about 400eu (500 dollars), i mostly play bleus or metal (i know a weird combination), i own a peavey valveking, an boss ds, an electro harmonix holy stain and a epiphone les paul standard.

i would like a good guitar for shredding (i would keep the les paul for my bleusy moments)

i have been looking at an epiphone korina flying v, is that a good choice? or will it sound exactly like my les paul?

or do you have any better sugestions?

thanks,
henis

it will sound similar to your les paul most likely
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
it will sound similar to your les paul most likely

do you think the explorer will sound similar to?
if ur looking for shred guitars look at the generic metal companies like esp jackson ibanez
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
hey man get a guitar with FR.

Ibanez RG350DX,Schecter C-1,Jackson DKMG or DXMG would be nice
Quote by MetalMan-93
hey man get a guitar with FR.

Ibanez RG350DX,Schecter C-1,Jackson DKMG or DXMG would be nice

FR?
i'm kind of a noob
Look into the LTD (like epiphone, but with ESP for those who don't know) 400 series. They literally make like 15 models of 'em. Most of them have EMG's, so you would definately want to keep your Les Paul.

espguitars.com/guitars

EDIT: FR is short for Floyd Rose. They are whammy bars that can be pulled both ways. If you consider getting something with one, they can sometimes be a pain in the butt to mentain.

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Dec 13, 2008,
It's spelt blues sorry that was just annoying me.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
It's spelt blues sorry that was just annoying me.

excuse me
Quote by EMGPWNS
Look into the LTD (like epiphone, but with ESP for those who don't know) 400 series. They literally make like 15 models of 'em. Most of them have EMG's, so you would definately want to keep your Les Paul.

espguitars.com/guitars

EDIT: FR is short for Floyd Rose. They are whammy bars that can be pulled both ways. If you consider getting something with one, they can sometimes be a pain in the butt to mentain.

ahn okay, thanks
i would like a whammy
are the ibanez rg's around 400eu any good?
Quote by henis
do you think the explorer will sound similar to?

yes, the whole gibson range sounds practically the same
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by stratdud39
can you go used?

well euh only if i have to, but it's an option
Quote by GangsterLi
yes, the whole gibson range sounds practically the same

and how about changing the pickups, any suggestions (i was allready thinking about changing the ones in the les paul.)
Quote by henis
and how about changing the pickups, any suggestions (i was allready thinking about changing the ones in the les paul.)

To suit shred?