can sum1 recomend good pedals for punk rock like green day?

also ive been lookin at the BBE Green Screamer and would like feedback on it.

my guitar is a gibson sg and my amp is a traynor ycv40t

thanks
You have a gibson SG and you want to to play Green Day?:|

What is the world coming to
Quote by Adam124

billie joe used to use a gibson sg
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by Adam124

Billie Joe played SG as well sometimes
And now he plays Les Paul Junior with some moddifications.
Occasionally he plays his old strat ''Blue''.

EDIT: oh I know what you mean...Such a good guitar for such a ''bad'' music genre.
Well go screw yourself. Punk rock lives on

And dude...I have a BBE Crusher Distortion and it's awesome...analog and true bypass.
What's your amp? Got a tube one?
Maybe you could use Tremolo effect for Boulevard of broken dreams but...It's not worth spending 80€ on a thing for 1 song...
Punk rock/Pop punk usually doesn't use any other effects...maybe chorus rarely.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
There's a fair amount of fail in this thread.

Adam124: GTFO, stop being such an elitist "uhuhuh you shouldn't play greendayz on teh gibsons u n00b". Anyone can play what they want on whatever they want.

Kozlic: He's already stated his amp

Anyway back on track...

TS: are you happy with your punk rock sound from your amp? Maybe worth a bit of EQ'ing before shelling out some cash! An Ibanez Tubescreamer may help thicken up your tone too.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Dec 13, 2008,
Quote by Chrisiphone
There's a fair amount of fail in this thread.

Adam124: GTFO, stop being such an elitist "uhuhuh you shouldn't play greendayz on teh gibsons u n00b". Anyone can play what they want on whatever they want.

Kozlic: He's already stated his amp

Anyway back on track...

TS: are you happy with your punk rock sound from your amp? Maybe worth a bit of EQ'ing before shelling out some cash! An Ibanez Tubescreamer may help thicken up your tone too.

damn...I missed that...
sorry xD
I'm so excited about going to my girlfriend's I can't even read xD

EDIT: and thanks for not beeing an ass like most of the UGers would.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
damn...I missed that...
sorry xD
I'm so excited about going to my girlfriend's I can't even read xD

EDIT: and thanks for not beeing an ass like most of the UGers would.

It's fine! You've done nothing wrong at all, plus you seem like a really nice guy trying to help! Have fun at your girlfriends!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i think that a lot of punk doesnt really use pedals too extensively, but at the same time theres some stuff that can be nice to have just to add something subtle to the sound. or something not so subtle

basicly i think most people who want a pedalboard and have a nice amp should have some sort of overdrive pedal. an overdrive pedal can be set up to be a nice lead boost, add some tightness for rhythm or a bunch of other things. tubescreamers and their clones (green screamer is one) are classic choices for a reason, they usually sound good and are fairly versitile. while we are on the topic of gain pedals, i might suggest a fuzz. some punk bands really like fuzz pedals (i like them for leads). there are so many different sounding fuzzes though, so its one of those things you kinda have to look around for yourself to see what you like before people can give good recomendations.

then we get into the wonderful world of modulation pedals. chorus is the classic pedal for adding something to cleans. good/decent ones that wont break the bank are the ehx small clone, ehx clone theory, boss ch-1, boss ch-5, or visual sound liquid chorus. there are a ton more, but those come to mind. then we have delay and its brother reverb. i say they are brothers cause you can set up a delay to give a reverby sound. good delays are the boss dd-3, dd-6, dd-7, ibanez ad-9 and mxr-carbon copy. again, there are more but those are fairly cheap ones that come to mind. reverb, exh holy grail, line-6 verbzilla, or tech 21-boost rvb. then there is also the visual sound h20 which has both delay and chorus.

then you can get more wacky sounds like wah, phaser, flanger, ring mods or more stuff. acoustic simulators can be fun, and since green day has a bunch of acoustic-y stuff that might be nice. unfortunatly i havent really found any that sounds all that great.

however, for a nice punk pedalboard id start with an overdrive and a chorus pedal. overdrive is just nice to have, and chorus works well on clean parts. youve got a nice guitar and nice amp, so adding a couple nice pedals can really add to your sound.